Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 7:08:21 PM EDT
Between this forum and the 1911forum.com, I wonder if I should've purchased a different 1911.
However, my Kimber's have fired well with the few (very few) rounds I've put in them. I also think they look great and SEEM a little easier to disassemble than the S&W 1911 I owned.

I also like S&W 3rd Generation semi-autos (particularly the 4506 and 4566), which receive much hate in the forums.

Now, I really don't care because they all work fine for me, but I'm getting a little self-concious here! Why do the pistols that work fine for me (and look great, etc.) give everyone else so much heartburn?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno, the Kimber Warrior is one of the must-have 1911s it seems to me.  In that sense, Kimber love is on the rise.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
No matter what you buy, be it a gun, a car, a motorcycle, or whatever, there's going to be someone hating on you choice.  Don't let it get you down as long as the gun works for you.  Even if you had purchased a $2k Wilson there'd still be someone (very likely me) telling you that you wasted your money.  I'm not sure why you have so few rounds through your Kimber, but get it to the range, join an IDPA or IPSC clu, and shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
SW1911 is a fine gun but kinda inspired by the 1911a1 IMHO

External extractors?!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
If you weigh the positive vs the negative you'll find that the negatives are minute in comparison.  It just seems a lot and there are legitimate problems but most times there are repeat complaints in different threads.  So it's magnified, I have three Kimbers and have no problems and enjoy shooting as often as I can and I don't have any concerns that something might go wrong.

So I suggest you just enjoy your great shooter and don't concern yourself that something "could" go wrong. It just takes away from your fun time at the range!

RC
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No matter what you buy, be it a gun, a car, a motorcycle, or whatever, there's going to be someone hating on you choice.  Don't let it get you down as long as the gun works for you.  Even if you had purchased a $2k Wilson there'd still be someone (very likely me) telling you that you wasted your money.  I'm not sure why you have so few rounds through your Kimber, but get it to the range, join an IDPA or IPSC clu, and shoot the hell out of it.

You're definitely right there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...I'm not sure why you have so few rounds through your Kimber, but get it to the range, join an IDPA or IPSC clu, and shoot the hell out of it.

Honestly, just lack of time. Specifically, free time is the least available thing for me right now and I haven't had the Kimbers that long. No worries, they will get rounds out the pipe.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
some people would bitch because their ice cream is cold

who knows what some people are up to or "on"

my Kimber runs fine just keep shooting.

40-45
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
some people would bitch because their ice cream is cold.....

Ain't that the truth.    If you are satisfied with your Kimbers, then don't worry about what you read on the 1911forum.  Who really cares what anyone else thinks.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It just seems a lot and there are legitimate problems but most times there are repeat complaints in different threads.  So it's magnified,

That could be it!  I've seen a few of them give their owners problems in classes that I've taken.  But it could have been a bad ammo/pistol combination.

If the authors gun runs good with his ammo choice, he shouldnt worry.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Like I said in the first post, I don't so much care about what people THINK, I'm just trying to figure out why my pistols work fine and everyone else complains about lemons. Admittedly, I haven't shot THOUSANDS of rounds through all of my pistols, BUT I also take good care of them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Like I said in the first post, I don't so much care about what people THINK, I'm just trying to figure out why my pistols work fine and everyone else complains about lemons. Admittedly, I haven't shot THOUSANDS of rounds through all of my pistols, BUT I also take good care of them.

As I said earlier the +'s outweigh the -'s and the complaints are repetitious.

So to put your mind at ease . . . Your pistol works fine because it is a precision, well made tool, same with mine, same with those who answered your thread. And we too take good care of them as most shooters do. So get out there and keep on punching holes in those targets!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I will say that my Custom II has been reliable, accurate and trouble free right out of the box for several years now with my reloads as well as WWB. I have no complaints and the gun has turned out to be more than I expected. All I've done to it is replace springs, (recoil, sear, firing pin) after about 3k rounds just to keep it in spec. I would recommend it to anyone. However, I'm sure much the same can be said for other makes as well. My experience is with the Kimber (internal extrctor version). My Springfield GI, OTOH, wants to be as sweet as my Kimber when it grows up-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top