Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 2:18:26 PM EDT
Just got done shooting my new Kimber TLE and I was trying to clean it. The slide release doesn't want to budge. Doesn't it just push out from the right side?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.

Ensure weapon chamber is EMPTY!

Remove recoil spring plug.

Pull hammer back - this'll take even more tension off the slide.

Line up take down notch in slide.

NOW try to push the SL out.

EDIT:  SL = SR
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Man i feel like an idiot, thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
HAHA!

Happens to us all at one time or another, man.

Merry Christmas, and enjoy your new Kimber.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a "reassembly question" on the Custom II.  I have no problem getting the gun apart, but getting the slide release back in during re-assembly is a real pain because the detent won't push in.  I end up having to push the detent back in with something small and pointed and then pushing the slide release in.  I'm afraid I'm going to scratch the gun one of these days.  Is this right?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure I can help you.

I have a Custom I, and IIRC the II has another moving part, which is the 'detent' you're talking about.

Better wait for a Custom II owner to come along.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top