Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 8:51:19 PM EDT
I stopped in at the fun store this weekend to check on my order. They told me Kimber said it wouldn't be ready until January!!! And I was going to make it my Christmas present to myself!

Has anyone else here had this happen to them or is it just my luck?

I am also taking suggestions for what I should do to make it "uniquely mine" once it does arrive.

Thanks all!

Andrew
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i bought one of those awhile ago...my friend, im sorry you got put on hold, but it is worth the wait

as far as making it unique...you could change the grips on it, or engrave something sweet on it...that what im planning on doing for my dads 55th bday this year, giving him an engraved kimber
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:17:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up last weekend.
I had a Stainless TLE II w/external extractor. Maybe 3 months old. Only shot one weekend with no problems. But having read all of the boards/posts about external extractor issues, it made me a bit leary about having one.
So there I was in the local fun store last weekend (Master Kimber Dealer) and he had just got a fresh batch of new Kimbers ALL WITH INTERNAL EXTRACTORS !!!
He had 1 Stainless Pro TLE/RL II. After handling it, I had to have it. I have a thing about 4" handguns.
I rushed home, packed up the Stainless TLE II and went back to the store and traded it in.
The Kimber Stainless Pro TLE/RL II is just fantastic. Internal extractor, light rail, Meprolite's, etc...
I was messing around with the rear sight and the Schwartz safety just fell out. Oops
Now it's perfect. Well, almost.
I ordered a set of Crimson Trace Laser Grips. They are making these now with a Kimber part # and Kimber branded, just like they do with Sig.
I also ordered a SureFire X200A Weapon Light.
When these parts come in the Kimber Stainless Pro TLE/RL II will be the new King of the Safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top