Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 11:06:15 AM EDT
I have a BP Ten II. An example of the problem is like today - went to the range and in 100 rds, had 5 FTF (failure to feed). I like the Kimber, but does anyone have any suggestions as to the problem. I have put 400 rds through the pistol and it has continued to have this problem. It is not with a particular mag or the ammo used. Happens at irregular intervals. Push the slide stop and it will put in the next round. If it keeps it up, there will be a Kimber banished and a new Glock will join the family. Also, my brass is going everywhere - straight up, 10-12 ft away to the right, behind me, etc.... Would changing to a stronger recoil spring work (20pounds - stock is supposed to be 16 pounds)?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It is that the slide stop locks. It is not a failure to push the round into the chamber, just that the slide will lock up (like with the last round fired). Push the slide stop lever and it feeds the round.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Ball ammo. External extractor. I also e-mailed Kimber and essentially asked the same thing - they said it was a break in issue and too make sure that I am locking my arms and holding the pistol w/2 hands, etc... that kind of reply. I just hate spending the money for the thing and it is having hiccups.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I will try it and see. Who has an extractor that will fit without going through Kimber?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top