Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 8:20:12 PM EDT
I had a Para Carry and liked the size of the pistol, but it was plagued with feeding issues.  I sold it, bought a Sig for carry purposes, but something is calling me back to 1911 style pistol.  What is the feeling of all you Kimber folks about the new Raptor Ultra II?

As always, thanks for your input,

Cavu
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I guess that sums up SGB's feelings.  I am curious.  Is it just the aesthetics that nauseate you or do you have issues with mechanical features/functions of the pistol?

I have only read one review to date.  The Pro doesn't have the external extractor like the rest of the Raptor series.  The bull barrel seemed to provide for pretty good accuracy and it was ramped and polished.

As for the "lizard" scales, I kind of liked it.  I guess that is why there are so many folks out there making 1911's.

Cavu
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I don't really care for the grips.  I figured that would be easy enough to change.  I don't mind the slide though.  I am not yet convinced that I want to try another 3" 1911.  I have no use for a firearm that is not reliable.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I was hoping for a discussion of the new 700cc Yamaha Raptor:

fuggin' A.

For a little on-topic, the Kimber Raptor is fugly.  Get one used and cheap, if you can.  Otherwise, just get a vanilla flavored Kimber with an internal extractor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#7]
While I am sure it does appeal to some folks, I don't like the looks of it.

But then again, given the choice I prefer the looks of the good old 1911A1.

That said , my favorite carry gun is a Kimber Stainless steel compact model.

If you like it .....go for it!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I just bought a new Pro Raptor II and it does have an external extractor, serial # 4444X
is this a newer model???   I also put a black set of Alumi-Grips on it, looks good!

Thanks,

Jack
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Harumph!  :-)  I like the looks of my Raptor II!  I have found it to be a very accurate shooter and a reliable performer.  I have been intrigued by the 3" version, but only as an addition to my collection.  When you have many 1911s in your collection, it is nice to have one or two that "look a little different".  Having said that, I am still waiting for delivery on a totally custom Les Bauer with grips that no other gun on the planet (okay, at least that I know about) will have.  Then I will have a truly unique 1911!

Either way, I have always had great luck with the 4 Kimber 1911s I own and have put 10,000+ rounds through in total.  Tough to go wrong with Kimber.

Good Shooting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top