Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 7:44:13 PM EDT
The family is complete (at least for now) The newest addition is my Pro Raptor I picked up earlier today.

Warning, Take special care not to move then flat spring in the frame when replacing the backstrap. Let me tell you, this was a headache and a half to figure out. On all of Kimbers I replace the backstrap with an arched backstrap and tactical magwell, they feel better to me. Well, I got my new Raptor and replaced the backstap as usual, assembled and called it good. About an hour later I load up my mags and notice my hammer swings freely, WTF??? So, I take it all down and start to diagnose the problem, I screw with spring and safeties over and over, take the slide off and then can't get it back on. I disassemble and work on it some more, now I can get the slide on, but not off. WTFA??? After about an hour or so of assembling, disassembling, moving springs and safeties in and out. Finally, fixed, I did a full safety and function check, good to go.

Have a laugh on me today!!!

The family is complete as I said earlier, CDP Ultra II, Pro Raptor, Full size Tactical.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top