Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 12:44:56 PM EDT
Howdy! I own a Tactical UltraII as well as several other .45 pistols. I carry RA45TP (Winchester Ranger Talon 230gr +P) in all my .45s, but the Ultra II, where I carry the 230gr HydraShok round. I was wondering if anybody knows off the top whether the Ultra II "can handle" the +P rounds (*ONLY* factory, no reloading)?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:26:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The ultra has the aluminum frame, right?  I wouldn't run a ton of +P ammo through it, but like the above poster mentioned, occasionally using it should be OK.  You may want to contact Kimber directly for their recommendations.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.

I did send Kimber an email, they never responded...

I don't plan on practicing with this ammo, but it's my CCW ammo in my USPc45 (and USPf45, and Mark23), and I'd like to carry the same in my back-up UltraII. I practice with 230gr ball, standard pressure, but throw in about 1 or 2 +Ps every 3rd or 4th mag during practice in the HKs.

I'll call Kimber; maybe they'll respond to my question that way. I'll also check the 21lb spring.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top