Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:45:15 AM EDT
A friend of mine just bought a TLE II.  He wondered if there was any break-in period.  Is there?  And what would it consist of?  

Thanks in advance.

Will
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the manual says there is a 500 round break-in period.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Lube and shoot. I would advise shooting about 1k rounds. Its not uncommon for the first 50 rounds to have some malfunctions, which disappear. As long as you can go 500 straight or so without malfs you ought to be good to go.

And get rid of the trashy Kimber mags.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lube and shoot. I would advise shooting about 1k rounds. Its not uncommon for the first 50 rounds to have some malfunctions, which disappear. As long as you can go 500 straight or so without malfs you ought to be good to go.

And get rid of the trashy Kimber mags.

+1. Get a couple of Wilson 47D's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#5]
We took the gun out last nite to see how it ran.  For the first 150 rnds it was great.  But after that it started to shoot low consistantly.  Pretty soon we couldnt even hit the paper at 20 yds.  I dont know if it was fatigue or what.  Has anyone experienced this problem?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Never had such a problem with my TLE.  It has always shot well and very acurate.  In breaking the TLE in,  it seemed to fire more smoothly after about 200 rds,  and it has always fired very well since that point.  I guess I have put several thousand rds thru the Kimber thus far  and it is a great pistol.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top