Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 7:17:50 PM EDT
Kimber Rimfire Target in 17 Mach 2.

I have wanted one of these since they came out and decided to go ahead and take the plunge. I fired two magazines out of it when I got home, to test for function (which was flawless). The 10rd mag is a little difficult to load, but should only take a little practice to get used to.

Never having fired the Mach 2 before (only the HMR), I really wasn't sure what to expect, especially out of a pistol. Recoil was non-existent, the slide reciprocating was the only thing that could be felt.

The gun is louder than expected. I would estimate that the report is roughly equivalent to that of a .380, and there is visible muzzle flash during daylight. Ammo used was 17gr Hornady V-Max.

I will throw it on a rest and check for accuracy when I have a little more time. All in all, a pleasure to shoot.

Thanks for looking!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
 Congrats.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn thats cool.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#4]
You know if you stop feeding them they won't do that.

Nice.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I finally got to go and get the sights dialed in.

25 yds on a rest (on the tailgate of my truck), first string hit three inches low, but the deviation was dead on. One adjustment and viola.

Always have to have at least one flier.

Shot roughly 200 rds after getting the sights on. Unfortunately, there were a few FTF's, but I can attribute them to the crappy plastic mag. I currently have an email outstanding to Kimber about the mags. Hopefully, they will have some sort of alternative to plastic in the not too distant future.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]

dep4532
Team Member
Smooth is fast.

25 yds on a rest (on the tailgate of my truck), first string hit three inches low, but the deviation was dead on. One adjustment and viola.

From your picture I'd say you were shootin in the neighborhood! Didn't look much like a range - and from your tailgate! So hey, you not only sight in your gun but you keep the neighborhood in check. Nice shotgroup though. Was the arrant round the first, last or just near the middle? oh, what a waste - look at all that unused paper!    
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

dep4532
Team Member
Smooth is fast.

From your picture I'd say you were shootin in the neighborhood! Didn't look much like a range - and from your tailgate! So hey, you not only sight in your gun but you keep the neighborhood in check. Nice shotgroup though. Was the arrant round the first, last or just near the middle? oh, what a waste - look at all that unused paper!    

lol...Nah, I live on 200 acres and the guy who owns the property next to us has about 150. He's got an actual 100 yd range set up, but the only bench/rest is at the 100 yd line. Nothing at 25, 50, etc..., hence the tailgate!

Flier was the last round. It was one of those that you just know is off as soon as the trigger breaks. Frustrating to say the least.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top