Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 3:49:48 AM EDT
Is there a quality 13-14 rnd mag available for the polymer framed Hi Cap Kimber.  I'm looking for good mags.  The local shop has a a few of these on clearance.  Less than $600 bucks.  I'd pick one up if I could get the corrrect mag.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Kimber dealers usually sell the 13rd mags for $39
They are made by Mecgar, I am saving up for the SS Kimber hicap.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I just purchased a Kimber BP Ten II pistol. I also asked about high cap mags since I could not find any. Researched the net and found that Para-ordnance P14 mags are the same (mec-gar made) and interchangeable with the exception that the mag release is a fraction off from the Kimber. CDNN was out of stock (the cheapest I found - $15.99 or something) but ordered 2 mags from Brownells for $26.15 each. Kimber only has 10 round mags listed on their site - but would guess that they also have 13 rounders if you contacted them (I think $44.95). You can also change the mag release on the kimber which you can get from a south african company which would allow use of Para mags without modification to the mag. I should get the mags 8/09/05 and will let you know if the mod works if you would like to know.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:05:40 AM EDT
[#3]
pimpdaddy, that's great info.  Thanks.  I would love to know how that turns out.  Please le me know when you get them and how they work.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Para ordnance (P14) mags work. You just have to file the upper portion of the mag release on the mag. Just put the mags together and you will see that the para mag is a fraction lower (the mag release slot). Mine fit flush and I now use this mag instead of the mag that came with the pistol. Just make sure that if you get any mags that they are Mec-Gar brand. I heard that other brands may not drop free. Needless to say, I will be purchasing more mags. This is a link to some of what I found when looking for info on the para mags. This is the company that sells the mag release for the Kimber if you did not want to alter the para mags (http://www.rescomp.co.za/). I personally don't mind a little work if I get two mags out of the deal instead of just one (para mag 2 or pay kimber for just one and no work). If you want or need any more info on the subject, I will send it - hope this helps. Hope you like your Kimber as much as I do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Pimpdaddy, finally got back to the shop.  I put the kimber on layaway.  Couple of months and I'll have it out.  Mine is the 4"barrel version.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I enjoy my Kimber and trust the accuracy all the way. I don't care for the edge of the safety that likes to take chunks out of my hand, but the accuracy makes that tolerable. I can hit what I am aiming at pretty much every time. I have not had a pistol that could do that in my life. I might add that I probably have what would be considered soft hands ( I am a registered nurse) and the poly lower portion with the checkering wants to eat my hand after a couple of hundred rounds. My Sig, I could shoot all day and not feel it. The Kimber I have is a 5" model I think. I noticed the other day after shooting 150 rds that I had 1 failure to feed. Just a slight push on the slide and it chambers the round. I think as the rounds go through the gun, it will stop the FTF problem. The more that I shoot it, the more I like it. Just need to order a few more Para mags and I will be in business. Hope you like your also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top