Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 8:32:16 PM EDT
I have a TLEII with a mainspring housing w/extended mag-well. It has an allan screw at the base of the extension (Like the Tactical Custom). I've removed the screw but I still can not remove the mag-well from the mainspring housing. Do I also have to remove the pin that holds the mainspring housing in the frame to remove the extension? Any info would be great.  The mainspring housing/extended mag-well are from Kimber.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I figured it out.  On the Mag-well/mainspring housing, in order to remove the extended mag-well you must first remove the allan screw, then using a punch remove the mainspring housing pin.  Take a rubber-band and rap it around the grip and grip safety(This will prevent any parts coming out of alignment.  Pull on the mainspring housing just enough to create a 1cm gap.  The extension fits in the mainspring housing via Dove-Tail.  Tap gently with a nylon capped hammer or rubber malet on the back of the extension (The rounded part) and it should pop out.  Now knowing this and hindsight being 20/20, I would have bought the Wilson Combat model, part#366BF "Speed-Chute".  With this type you remove the mainspring housing pin ONLY.  Plus with the one I have (Kimber/Ed Brown) the recess where the Dove-Tail is leaves a gap that could potentialy get caught on clothing or allow dirt or other crap in where it should not be.  Thanks to all that replied and I hope this info I've provided helps others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top