Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2002 8:33:19 PM EDT
Well...  I finally did the deed and picked up a Kimber.  I've other 1911s, such as Colt and a Para but, really went for a Walther P99.  One trip to the range was enough for both myself and Mr. Walther i.e.  I've never in my entire life pulled the trigger on a gun that had a trigger suck as badly as does the one on a P99.  Oh well, live and learn I guess.  So, here I am leaning toward an H&K P2000 (when they come out) when I come across this same Kimber at a fun show that I had looked at before.  Well to make a short story long, I traded the P99 to this guy for the Kimber...  but did have to throw him a few extra bucks.  I've shot Kimbers, excellent, but have never owned one.  This particular one is in near perfect condition, is of a three digit serial number has night-sights and on one side of slide says "Custom Shop" and on the other "Royal Carry".  I checked the Kimber web site, but find that this model must be of an earlier version.  I won't be able to shoot it until Wednesday, so in the meantime, am wondering whether or not any of you are familiar with this model and what the "up-side down-side" might be?  Thanks much,
W
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I think if someone dumped it because they needed the money, you should be OK. If it was a lemon or someone "tinkered" with it, that could be another story. I have heard noise about Kimber QC problems, since corrected in the past, but heard some not so good stories on those "grenade" lookin' Walthers, in all calibers. At least the 1911 types are usually repairable...so I guess I have to wait till Wednesday to find out too.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I may have info on the Royal Carry. If I remember correctly, it was a limited production run back in I think 1998. They had three limited edition models at that time. (I probably have PDFs of them somewhere.) I ended up getting the Elite Carry (AWESOME!), which was the predecessor to the CDPs...
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Would like to see those PDFs.  My new (bought used) Royal Carry runs as smooth as silk.
W
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
IM me your email address (mention the PDFs so I don't forget who I was talking to).

When I unpack my computer and CDs, I will look for them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Energizer,
Did you receive my address?  
W
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#6]
OK, waltere, times up.  How does it shoot, as good as they look? I hope you are happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Energizer,
Did you receive my address?  
W

Yeah, but was more looking for an Email address. Anyway, I have not unpacked my computer yet, but when I do-- I will look for them. (I saved the IM)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top