Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2002 12:30:38 PM EDT
I just purchased an Ultra CDP II.  I'm trying to field strip it so I can give it a good initial cleaning and lubrication.  However, I'm new to Kimbers and 1911s in general, and am having a devil of a time figuring this out.  When I try and follow the instructions, it doesn't work.  

Can somebody with practical experience post a detailed description of how to field strip an Ultra CDP II?  I would GREATLY appreciate any advice you guys might offer!

I swear I'm not an idiot, but this just isn't working for me and I know someone here will know what the problem is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll need a paper clip or (I prefer) a large safety pin with the point cut off. Straighten out the clip or pin and make an L-shaped bend in the last 3/8-inch. This will be your take-down tool.

Drop the magazine from your gun and make sure the chamber is empty. Lock the slide all the way back. Look at the guide rod carefully and you'll notice a small hole near the end. Insert the bent end of your tool into the hole. Carefully release the slide and let it ride forward until the small notch is aligned with the end of the slide stop lever. Pull the lever out, remove the slide from the frame, and you should be able to lift the recoil spring assembly and barrel from the slide.

Installation is just the reverse of this process.

Don't ask me why they designed it like this.

Good luck and have fun shooting!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I am glad I wasn't the only one that had this problem.  I have never had so much trouble field stripping a gun.  The directions supplied by Kimber are the worst directions I have ever read.  

If you are still having trouble, e-mail me and I can provide some directions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top