Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 10:23:20 AM EDT
Hopefully some the Kimber gurus here can shed some light on this.

I have a close friend that manages a gun shop.He had a customer bring in a  TLE/RL II.He has offered it to me for $600.I am looing for something to replace my soon-to-be-sold H&K USP compact.

With that said,I have read around here on the forum,I guess 8 rounders are as hi-cap as they get?I have never owned a 1911 before.However,the fit and finish and trigger on this gun make it hard to resist.Is there anything I should look for when looking this gun over?Any quirks associated with this gun?How is the recoil,etc?It appears to be stock other than Hogue grips.

Any info is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
You can get 10rd mags, but they protrude from the end quite a bit.  8rd mags are close to being flush.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]

That is a Kimber LTP II with a 10rd mag.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#3]
That was my last purchase - a TLE/RL II that a customer never fired, traded in.

I paid $810, which I consider a good price.  Look at gun broker, they go for $875 and up.

Here's a pic with Surefire X200 from Grant.   Great gun:

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn,that 10 rounder really makes a nice gun look like crap.

fight4yourrights,nice pic.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Damn,that 10 rounder really makes a nice gun look like crap.

fight4yourrights,nice pic.

Not so much....it is what it is......and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think a 10rd mag out of a tactical 1911 is SWEET......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top