Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 12:03:23 AM EDT

Anyone own one, I was looking at them today, and I juts may have to get one, I really liked them, and I could shot a ALOT MORE with .22 rounds, more bang for the buck, so to speak....

I know I can get a converson kit, but I would rather have a dedicated .22
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Kimber Rimfire Target, and it is an excellent pistol as long as hi-velocity ammo is used. It does not like standard "value or bulk" cheap ammo. Premium ammo like CCI Minimags and Velicitors work great. Even Remington Cyclones function perfectly.
The pistol is accurate, and a blast to shoot. Well worth having.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the conversion and it is sweeeet!  However, the Kimber magazines were not compatible with magwells due to baseplate construction.  I got out the dremel tool and modified them to accept Wilson basepads, which was very successful after a little work.  Then I discovered you could just buy Wilson .22 magazines, which is much easier, and costs about the same.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got one and LOVE it! It's very reliable with good ammo. The CCI MiniMags work well in regard to accuracy and function. They are $4/100 at Wallyworld. The only ammo it doesn't care for is the Remington Promo crap. It's almost like the ammo is oversized for it's tight chamber.

Word from the 1911 forum is the Ciener is now making 15 round mags! WooooWhooo! A hi-cap 22 practice gun!

Here's a pic of my pistol wearing Kimber wood grips, some grip tape and a black main spring housing.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
edited - delete!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Then I discovered you could just buy Wilson .22 magazines, which is much easier, and costs about the same.

Wilson making .22 mags? Where? I couldn't find them on the Wilson site. Are you talking about Ciener?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought two Wilsons from Midway.  Then I discovered Ciener sells hi caps for around the same price as my 10 round Wilsons.  The Ciener units are metal and do not have the padded floor plate, but 15 rounds is certainly nice.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Any plans by Kimber to offer mags with higher than 10rd capacity?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Does the Rimfire Target Model slide lock back on the last round.That's the only fault I have with 22 conversion.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:39:33 AM EDT
[#9]
No, the slide does not lock back on the last round. The slide is aluminum, and the slide stop is steel. This would cause the slide lock knotch to deform from the slide stop. Thats the way they are made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top