Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2011 2:40:46 PM EDT

This was a huge impulse buy for me as I spent all of 5 minutes thinking about it and then dropping the money right there on the spot for it.  I love the fit and finish on it and I took it to the range today and got great results.  Not only can I now shoot my Kimber without breaking the bank, but it's great for teaching new shooters.

I took my buddy to the range today because he had never shot before and is interested in getting into the sport, so I saw this as a perfect opportunity to test this guy out.

Well, these are some groups my buddy and I shot.  I told him to shoot at the left bullseye first and while I was watching him shoot, I found out he was left eye dominant but shooting right handed.  Well, whatever, he got a decent group for someone who had never shot a pistol before but I was more worried about the other groups the gun made at 30 feet.  My groups are in the center and right side of the head.  I'm not a great pistol shooter, either.  My Custom II is the only pistol I currently own and I just got into pistol shooting not too long ago.  I also didn't adjust the target sights at all, so it was shooting a bit low, but that could have also been me.

Well, out of 400 rounds of Winchester 40 grain Target ammunition, my buddy only experienced one failure to eject.  There was a failure to feed issue the first time I went to shoot it only to find I didn't seat the magazine in all the way.  

Other than that one FTE, it ran without a problem.  I'm not keen on the plastic magazine, but I didnt have any problems with it and I plan to get a few more.

I paid $260 for the conversion unit and one magazine, all brand new, and it pretty much paid for itself in one day.  I love this damn thing.  

Enjoy the pics!

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad it's working for you.  The Kimber Conversion Kit is a great investment that pays for itself after a few boxes of ammo.  Great for training and all of the same holster/mag pouches work for it.

With some work you can get really good groups.  Here is a 10 shot goup I did some time back.  Granted I wasn't a horrible distance away as I was teaching a new shooter and we were sharing a single paper target but I was impressed enough to take a photo.

I have considered getting some match grade .22LR ammo and seeing what I could do further out.

The only drawback, besides the slide not locking back, is that the ten round magazines keep running empty when the fun gets really started.  

Keep safe.

CSP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top