Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 9:19:17 AM EDT
Just curious if any body has one.Been wanting one for a while and was curious as to what the recoil was like, how is the accurracy,and reliablity.How does the bp ten compare, what would be a good price for the full size or pro ten model.Any help would be great.
Jon
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have the BP; I have a Pro Carry Ten-II

It is the most accurate repeating pistol I have. It's not quite as accurate as my custom-barreled .44 Encore single shot. Darn close, though. For a semi-auto, it is amazing!

Recoil is much like any .45 auto.

The only down-side is magazine availability. Kimber is VERY proud of their Ten-II mags, to the point that they can keep 'em! ~$50 for a reduced-capacity 10 shot magazine is outrageous. You are better off buying mags for a P-14 and modifying the mag catch slot.

I while back I bought a couple Mec-gar mags for the Para-Ordinance P-14. They are obviously made on the same production line as the factory Kimber Ten-II mags - right down to identical tooling marks. The only difference is about 3mm in magazine catch slot placement, which is fixable with a dremmel tool.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a Stainless Ten II that I bought used.  I had some problems with it (see Slam Fire Kimber in this forum) but Kimber fixed it up fine for me.  I'd rather see my daughter date a Kennedy than get rid of this gun now.

It is quite a bit lighter than my old steel 1911, but it shoots like a laser...even for my old eyes.   Recoil,  ...my .38 snubby kicks more with +Ps.  Wasn't even worth mentioning in the Range Report...and I'm only 5'6" and 150lbs.

Range Report
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
bjbarron,
Except for your problems with doubling, my experience is similar to yours.

I have had one problem you do not describe:
With my 200 grain SWC reloads, I have an occasional failure to chamber problem. Perhaps 10% of the time the round will not fully chamber. I have determined that it is an ammunition sensitivity problem because it never happens with military ball ammo. I have decided to try a round-nose flat point bullet in place of the SWC bullet for reloads.

Also -
I have no problems at all with modified P-14 mags in the Kimber. I was very careful filing the mag-catch slot so they seat with as little slop as possible. It would be easy to butcher the slot, allowing the mag to seat lower in the grip than they should. This would have a great affect how they feed & function.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If you modify P14 mags, can they still be used in a P14?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Uh... yes, but probably not successfully. heThey would  still be retained in a P-14, but with too much slop for reliable function.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh... yes, but probably not successfully. heThey would  still be retained in a P-14, but with too much slop for reliable function.

IC. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top