Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:19:48 PM EDT
first let me say hi to everyone one in this forum.  I will be taking delivery soon on a very nice .44 mag Eagle. My question is, I have heard that they like very hot rounds and that handloading would be my best bet, however what factory load do you guys use and what's the best in your opinions?

thanks for the time..

not one of you have a suggestion...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Since this size (.44 magnum) ammo is designed for a revolver, it sometimes is slightly too long to fit in the magazine.
I used winchester a few times. They seemed to work fine.

But since they were so expensive, I was paying about $18.00 per box of 50 (These are $24.00 per box), I decided to reload my own.

The cost is about $19.00 per 100 (with new brass) and about half that when I re-use my brass.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
it does thanks so much
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The cheapest ammo that works is american eagle, you wont get any fireball out of it though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I found that UMC 180 gr. (yellow box) seems to have a bit more ass to it than other cartridges.  This is in comparison to WWB, gunshow reloads, and Magtech.  By far the worst was the reloads I picked up at a show in San Diego.  The felt recoil was way less, but they still worked.

Actually some fun was to load a UMC, then fill the mag with the reloads.  It wasn't as bad as sneaking a .357 in with some .38's, but it certainly woke up the shooter.

Conclusion:  UMC 180 gr. is my favorite and only costs about $20 per 50 rnds...

ETA:  It throws a pretty good fireball too.  If you want to impress your buddies, this is the round to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top