Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:46:16 AM EDT
ok some of you guys have been in this longer and more involved than me but here goes. I have a baby eagle 9mm and that has the polygonal. I just picked up a new 40 s&w BE and that has regular rifling. Anyone know if a guy can still find the polygonal barrels anywhere or is there not enough of a differance to even bother
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Polygonal barrels offer only a slight increase in velocities while precluding the use of lead projectiles. So in my opinion, no-- it doesn't matter. Rifling barrels is old news and making a quality pistol barrel isn't a big challenge. Land and groove rifling has stuck around in the face of a supposedly supperior polygonal rifling technology in the bolt rifle market, so I think it's safe to say its possible of delivering projectiles very accurately.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
ok some of you guys have been in this longer and more involved than me but here goes. I have a baby eagle 9mm and that has the polygonal. I just picked up a new 40 s&w BE and that has regular rifling. Anyone know if a guy can still find the polgonal barrels anywhere or is there not enough of a differance to even bother

I thought all BE use the poly rifling, as marketed on their website. It could've been that you have picked up a new but old stock gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
no they used to use it but stopped 2 years ago. i have it in my 9mm but not in the new 40 s&w i just picked up. it was even crossed out in the owners manual with a frickin pen. i emailed magnum research and they said that imi just stopped using polygonal 2 years ago to save money.

eta: I know it used to say something about it on the website but I don't see it on there anymore.I've had the 9mm for about 3 years and just got the 40 , it was in the wrapper new, the box was still in the shrink wrap.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
my buddy just got a new 9mm and that had the land and groove also.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Mines about 3 years old (.40 fullsize) and has poly rifling.  Funny, most of my handguns have poly rifling (Desert Eagle, Baby Eagle, 3 Glocks).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top