Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/29/2010 5:47:43 AM EDT
Has anyone else experienced this?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I find that sometimes, on my USPc, if I let the trigger out very slowly after dry fire it wants to "hang" up a but before resetting.

Two things:  trigger return spring and parts wearing in.

'Course, HK knows more than me, so the return spring must be strong enough.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, my was weak at first, but if you cycle the slide while holding the trigger back, simulating live fire, it resets much better, so It's nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:01:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Or it can be a weak or broken trigger return spring.  How many rounds are through the gun and have you dry fired a lot?  I've never had a trigger reset issue with my HK45.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
A Beretta M9 has a very slow and weak reset while dry firing in DA only. Rack the slide after dry firing and feel the difference in the reset.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, my was weak at first, but if you cycle the slide while holding the trigger back, simulating live fire, it resets much better, so It's nothing to worry about.

That's because the trigger return spring isn't necessary while firing the gun, only when you remove your finger from the trigger after you are finished firing.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I have only fired it about 150 times...so it is almost new
There are no problems with live ammo just noticed it dry firing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have only fired it about 150 times...so it is almost new
There are no problems with live ammo just noticed it dry firing.
I would call HKI and have them take a look.  What you describe IS NOT normal.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's because the trigger return spring isn't necessary while firing the gun, only when you remove your finger from the trigger after you are finished firing.

It's necessary unless you're planning on a single-shot pistol.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you functioning the slide each time you dry fire? That is the condition the gun will be in during use. I have seen the trigger return spring leg bend reducing the return pressure.
There are a couple surfaces on the trigger bar that can drag during trigger reset that if polished will help that condition.
The trigger should reset even with a reduced strength return spring unless there is an issue with that particular gun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's necessary unless you're planning on a single-shot pistol.

Nope.

Want a quick and easy way to know you're wrong? Take a Glock pistol and remove the trigger return spring. Now dry fire it while cycling the slide and notice the trigger resets.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I spoke to HK and there is an issue with early model HK45s having a weak trigger reset spring.  They are sending me out a new spring since they would not cover shipping to have the pistol sent in to replace it.

Has anyone performed such a procedure?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, and the TRS is one of the more difficult parts to replace.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Make sure the axle pin is flush on the right and add some oil to the right disconnect area and transfer bar rub areas.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top