Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2004 7:45:45 PM EDT
Hey gang,

Has anyone seen Michael Mann's latest flick 'Collateral'?  Was that a USP 45 that he was using?

Just curious...
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/8/2004 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#2]
The movie is great! I think that he uses a HK .40 or 9mm, I only say that because of the number of rounds that he fires in the flick. The T.V. show EXTRA has a story about Tom Cruise shooting that HK with live ammo. Michael Mann made Tom shoot the USP with live ammo so he could have his own shooting style. It worked because Tom looks like he knew use that USP.

Go see the film... it is very cool
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it's a very good film. I'm all CGI-ed out for the summer so it was nice to see a film with a great cast and engaging story. It's one of the best that I've seen this summer.

BTW, was that a USP full size or compact?  I can't tell from that picture.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Where did the picture come from?
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Its full size, thats a screen shot. The weapon handling in that film was excellent. Michael Mann has a hard on for"chamber checking" or whateverr its called. His characters like to look for brass in the pipe before they go into action.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The ol' press check.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Al Pacino does a nice press-check in "Heat" as well.  Another great Michael Mann film.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Seeing that press check made me think. Does anyone with a USP actually use their chamber indicator?
I used the one on my PPK, but on the H&K I have never trusted it, I always do a visual.

I think that it was a .45 in the movie due to the bore size but it was a movie gun because it only needed to be reloaded at the correct times.

I loved that it was actually reloaded.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#9]
There is a loaded chamber indicator? I use a different method. When its not in a vehicle or laying in public, like at a range or something, its condition one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There is a loaded chamber indicator? I use a different method. When its not in a vehicle or laying in public, like at a range or something, its condition one.

The external extractor bulges out with a round in the chamber. You can feel it in the dark or see the red painted extractor to know if ther is one in the pipe.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The external extractor bulges out with a round in the chamber. You can feel it in the dark or see the red painted extractor to know if ther is one in the pipe.

I think the manual specifically states that that is NOT an indication method (it may be true, but they probably say it so people dont assume its unloaded if it is down).

Either way, I dont know...I wouldn't trust it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, I see. I remember now that it does that, but I never used that as an indication of whether or not the gun was loaded.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#13]
i like to see one in the pipe instead of trusting an indicator. i have never noticed this feature on my usp.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
OK, I see. I remember now that it does that, but I never used that as an indication of whether or not the gun was loaded.

Same here.  I'd rather check myself, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:49:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Saw the movie today. I really liked the scene in the alley with Crusie & the 2 thugs. I think this was probably the best in the whole movie. The nightclub was a good act too, but didn't get my adrenaline going like the alley scene. All in all, interesting film, but very slow moving. The HK pistol and the way Vincent used it really carried the film, IMO.

Now I must own an HK USP because of this movie. Damn.

I already own a Beretta in 9mm.... guess I'll have to look at a .45 USP.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm thinking it was a .45 due to the bore size but it could be the .40. Definately not a 9 IMO.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Michael Mann is the greatest!
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:57:40 AM EDT
[#18]
The thug scene definetly for me made the movie completely worth it. Overall it was very good. I think its an HK USP9. The bore size looks too small to be a 40 or 45.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:51:06 AM EDT
[#19]
"hey homie"

bahaha...I laughed my ass off....I guess nobody else in the KENT movie theatre thought it was funny :)
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#20]
What I liked about the movie was that he fired no unneccesary shots.  Every shot he fired was well aimed and well placed.  He actually operated like a pro.

The alley scene was awesome for me because it was a textbook pistol defense against two armed attackers.  Everything he did was exactly like MOST instructors teach.  Proper tactics are something you NEVER see in movies.

Also, the gunshots sounded realistic.  They weren't the same old recordings used in every other movie.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]
haha, i would love to see somebody put 2 rounds a millimeter apart with a double tap, using a .45  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What I liked about the movie was that he fired no unneccesary shots.  Every shot he fired was well aimed and well placed.  He actually operated like a pro.

The alley scene was awesome for me because it was a textbook pistol defense against two armed attackers.  Everything he did was exactly like MOST instructors teach.  Proper tactics are something you NEVER see in movies.

Also, the gunshots sounded realistic.  They weren't the same old recordings used in every other movie.

Yeah, the finishing round to the head was textbook
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#23]
lets just say its a .45acp

besides pacino had a .45acp in Heat; why not cruise in collatteral?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top