Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2010 3:19:26 PM EDT
I tried one on the other day.  It did feel very ergonomic, but the USP felt more solid.  I also liked the longer barrel of the USP FS.  What about the mags?  Are the P30 mags (metals) much better than the USP mags (polymer)?
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 5:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The P30 is a descendant of the USP and when field stripped, you can see that not a whole lot has changed between the two models, other than outward appearance and frame contour and texture.  The big plus for the P30 is the interchangeable back and side panels on the grip and the industry standard pic rail for mounting accessories.  IMO, given a choice between the two, there is no reason to choose a USP over a P30, the P30 is the modern predecessor to the USP.  JMO.  I own both, BTW and prefer the P30.
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Both models are very fine pistols.  I prefer the ergonomics of the P30.

Good luck, keep us updated as to what you buy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I know this will sound wierd, but the 3.86" barrel is abit short formy tastes.  I prefer the 4.25" barrel if the USP.  Of course, there is the P30L.  Is the L model available in .40 yet?
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the .40 S&W P30L and P30LS models are supposed to be floating around in limited quantities now. It's the gun I had been waiting for, for months...and I can't get it now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:42:37 AM EDT
[#5]
YES!

I shot a P30 40 range rental earlier this year, and loved it.  Except the price.

So...I read on here that the P30 and the USP share very similar internals, and bought a cheap police trade in USP 40––and it has much worse ergonomics and harsher recoil.  (I had never fired a USP before).

So, after now tryng every major manufacturers 40's, the P30 is the only one I will now own.  I'm just looking for a good deal on  a used ( or new) one, and will be selling my USP.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top