Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/20/2010 1:16:13 AM EDT
Is the Expert a good home defense/nightstand pistol, or is it more suited to a range toy
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Both.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Is the Expert a good home defense/nightstand pistol, or is it more suited to a range toy

Yes.    
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
It's my home def/ns gun and my fav range toy. My EDC is my USP9. with 2 18rd mags and a  32rd spare mag on the car:)
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got one in .40 and yes to both questions...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm on the verge of buying one (.45acp).
My concerns for home defense are the black on black sights and the very light SA trigger.
If I buy one it will be a range gun and a field pistol.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had an itch for one of these for years to compliment my other USP's.  I have heard multiple people say it IS the most accurate handgun they own.  What kind of price are you looking at?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]
My local FFL wants $1199, I'm hoping to talk him down from that.
That pistol has the lightest, crispest trigger I've ever felt on an HK, DA is very smooth and light.

On Gunbroker they have several NIB Experts for under a grand.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies everyone, that answers my question!

I already have the pistol, I was just trying to decide what of my collection should live on the night stand.  It and my 1911 are my only .45's, and the 1911 isn't really in the configuration I want, and for some reason I think I should use a .45 at home.  I think I'll get me a rail adapter and a good light and call it a day.

I haven't had issue with the black-on-black sights, but I've only used them on the range, with some silhouettes and steel plates and stuff.  I've had no problems at all with the sights, but have not used them in low light/no light.  The lack of dots is, for me, no problem.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
They do make adjustable night sights for the gun if you want.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top