Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/28/2004 10:31:22 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a Kydex holster specifically for the USP 45.  I'm helping a buddy celebrate his new toy, and we found that the Fobus I have for my USP9 will not fit his .45.  Which seems weird since they are the same width, his is just taller and longer.  I couldn't turn up anything specific on Sidearmor, Uncle Mikes, Safariland, Blade Tech, etc...  Are we missing something?  

He'd like an IWB also.  He's got a CHL and would like to use this pistol jogging.  The sweating seems a contraindication to Leather, or am I wrong on that?  
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
     I really like Safariland rigs for my USP.  Try copsplus.com, they seem to have the best prices around.  You didn't mention what type of rig you want, if you like thigh rigs I highly reccomend the 6004.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
blade-tech should have them.  I know people who have had them make custom ones for USPs in the past.

you might have to call them.

Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
     I really like Safariland rigs for my USP.  Try copsplus.com, they seem to have the best prices around.  You didn't mention what type of rig you want, if you like thigh rigs I highly reccomend the 6004.

Sorry, should have been more specific, he was looking for a basic Kydex hip/belt holster, and an IWB.  Something similar to my Fobus Roto, except...  I recommend that he find something built a little better.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like G-Code has a pretty good rig for what my buddy wants to do.  A kydex that swaps out attachment systems for different types of carry.  Any Experience with G-Code?
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
blade-tech should have them.  I know people who have had them make custom ones for USPs in the past.

you might have to call them.

I just received my new paddle holster & single mag pouch from Blade-Tech two days ago. The fit of the gun & mag is excellent, and the holster stays in place very well. The mag pouch has a neat locking device which allows you to put the magazine on the belt without having to loosen or remove the belt from your trousers, but still locks up solidly.

I haven't had time to take the Blade-Tech equipment to the range yet, since I didn't get my USP45 from the dealer until Friday. The USP is our new department-issue duty weapon, so I wanted a good off-duty/plainclothes holster. B-T quoted 30 days on the order, but delivered in about three weeks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#7]
That's strange. My Fobus works for both my USPs in .45acp & .357Sig.

I DID have a helluva time finding one for my SW99 in .45 though. Ended up with something like a GL2 for Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
My USP .45 rides in a Blade-tech IWB.  I highly recommend the holster.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Bianch or Galco, can't remember which. Its a thumb break and it works pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#11]
G-Code is an excellent choice.  I bought one through www.gunnersalley.com for my Tac.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#12]
www.comp-tac.com/index.html

Excellent holsters with a number of attachment  options, I have them in a number of styles and sizes and like every one of them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered a kydex holser from Fist.  It's interchangable from belt carry to IWB with adjustable cant.  Once I get it , I'll post any further thoughts.   Fist has a good reputation and fair prices.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#14]

I really like my G-Code paddle.  Tension is adjustable and "snaps" into place.  
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top