Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/31/2009 10:21:09 AM EDT
Do you guys think that a MK23 would be a good pistol for competition shooting? I wasnt sure due to the size if I would be very limited on the matches I could enter. Any help is appreciated

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it might be unfair for everyone who shoot against you
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll reiterate what I said in the other post.  The Mark 23 is not a competition pistol.  Both of mine had 5.5 pound SA trigger pulls and over 12 pound DA pulls.  The safety cannot be put on when decocked, and it will not fit in the IPSC box.
It is made as a military offensive use pistol, not a match pistol, and while it is accurate there are much better choices out there.  It is so big and heavy you would be laughed at if you brought a tank to a drag race.
The Expert is a much better competition pistol and will fit in the IPSC box, and doesn't IDPA use a box also?  The Elite is also a very good and accurate pistol but it too is too large to fit in the boxes.  If you want the bad-ass look of the Mark 23 but still have a pistol that is accurate enough and small enough for competition, check out the Tactical.  For competition use I am afraid you would be wasting your money on the Mark 23.  It is a great pistol for what it is, but it is not a competition pistol and I do fear you would be sorely disappointed with it for such use.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
^^^
What he said.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:21:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Big-Bore is right on.A year ago I bought a NIB Mark 23 off the internet just because it was such a great deal––-$1300.I had never actually seen one in person.As soon as I got it  I knew it was definately a "Look at me,Look at me" weapon.Entirely too fricking big.I never even shot it,just resold it for a profit.I've got fullsize USP's and an Expert and the Expert is about as big as you want to go––I love mine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:58:44 AM EDT
[#5]
You're going about the process backwards.  Start with the competition and work from there.  USPSA, IDPA, Bullseye?  What equipment division within that discipline do you want to compete in?  What are competitive shooters within that division shooting?  If the answer is an HK 23, then go for it...but I bet the answer is not an HK 23.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my Mark 23 last month and it's dead accurate. I got a 25 meter bullseye on my 1st try. I have to agree it's not a competition pistol because of its' size and weight. This thing was design as a combat weapon like the M16, M4, AK47 was design as a combat rifle. The number one job of this weapon is to kill or stop a person on the 1st shot.  One reason it's so massive is because HK design this thing for long range accuracy. It forces the shooter to use 2 hands to operate this weapon every time to increase accuracy.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top