Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/29/2004 3:20:02 PM EDT
Well, now I've got two weeks and about a thousand rounds through my new USP 9.  And I've got to say it's fantastic!  

The grip is great for my gorilla esque hands, and I'm impressed with how lightweight the pistol is.  It fit's my mitt's perfecty.  I find myself walking around the house dry-fireing constantly, just cause it feels right.    

The trigger is definitely a service grade trigger.  It's not match grade by any means.  But it still works great.  The double action is smooth and the single action is crisp.

The recoil is is negligable especially considering the light weight.  It groups very nicely.  I'm getting 2-3" groups at 25 ft off hand with winchester bulk pack.  (once my order from midway gets here I'll see if I can load any better than that)  The groups are unfortunately about 2" left of center at 25 feet, so adjustable sights would be nice.

My last comment....  It's amazing how easy the polygonal rifled barrel is to clean!  No scrubbing.  Just a patch with a little hops and she's good as new.          
Link Posted: 3/29/2004 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like another happy H&K owner to me

I was planning on getting a few hundred rounds through my USP9c tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/29/2004 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Very happy H&K owner. I would like to do something about a set of adjustable sights...  But that's hardly the gun's fault.  Now if only I had fewer classes and more time and money to play with her :)  
Link Posted: 3/30/2004 4:09:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Where in NC are you located?  If you're close to VA you should come up for the Black Rifle Day on Saturday, April 17th.  It should be a blast and we'll get some pistol time in too
Link Posted: 3/30/2004 5:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm fairly close to VA.  I'm in Durham (though not much longer... thank God!).  That is the Saturday before spring finals... though it may be a good way to blow off some steam after a week of studying...  I'll definitely look into it.  My RRA upper should be here this afternoon, so my Black Rifle would finally be ready.    
Link Posted: 3/30/2004 5:31:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Try and make it because it should be a great time.  Let me know if you are coming and I'll keep my eye out for you.

Edited to add: bring your USP too!
Link Posted: 3/30/2004 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations. It's good to hear that people are happy with their HK's. I recently purchased my first HK, a USP45F, and I'm very pleased with it. I was very reluctant to purchase the gun (any gun with a 700 dollar price tag), but it really performs well and was worth the extra cash.
Link Posted: 3/30/2004 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on your 9. HK's are like a drug though...hard to stop at just one. The only thing stopping me at two is poverty lol.

Kevin
Link Posted: 3/30/2004 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, I'll definitely see what I can do about BRD.  I'll let you know when it comes closer to the time, probably email you through this site.  It would be a nice day trip before exam week get's into full swing.

It is a nice pistol, and definitely worth every penny.  I can see how the H&K bug could be catchy.  As for a $700 firearm...  it's something that should last a lifetime if properly taken care of (Even if that means eventually being buried in a doskocil case in the back yard).    And there are not many 700 dollar machines that can say that.  In the grand scheme of things, it's not a high pricd tag at all.    
Link Posted: 3/31/2004 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a USP .40...

And I'm going to end up picking up a USP tactical later this year.

Then on to the MK23 :-)
Link Posted: 3/31/2004 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd like a Mk23.  And for that matter I could see myself adding to the H&K family.  But...  I think it'll have to wait a couple more years until I can officially put that 'Dr.' before my name.  Then....   Can you say MP5?  
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]

I can see how the H&K bug could be catchy.

Really??

Link Posted: 4/2/2004 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#12]
wolffie,

If there's one thing even hard-core HK guys will admit it's that USP's don't have very good triggers.

I put a Match Trigger Kit in my USP9f and was amazed at the difference.  I don't know how I hit anything with that factory trigger.

I hightly recommend you save some $ and have the Match Trigger installed.  Run you about $125 installed.

Also, for those who have the USP Compacts, Teddy Jacobson here in Houston is about the best trigger man in the country.  I had him do my USP9c.  Slicker than a virgin's inner thighs now.  You can get info for his services here: www.actionsbyt.com

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Where do I find info on the match triggers?  I'm guessing I ought to find an H&K certified armorer to do it (warranty and all) but it's something I'd be interested in...  It would be preferable not to have to send it out of state.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#14]
wolffie, there are some HK dealer that will have the kits to sell.  Some.  You might have to send it to HK itself.  They have been turning these types of jobs around in about 2 weeks, which is pretty darn good.

Wherever you find the kit, make sure whoever installs it is a certified HK armorer.  Don't let just anyone say, "I know how to do that!"  

Your HK is worth too much to let just anyone fiddle with it.

Check the HKPRO web site and the HK headquarters for the kits themselves.  Do you have an HK armorer in your city?  If not, just send it to HK.  You can probably just sent the frame - so it's not considered a "gun" if you do that. = cheaper and simpler shipping.

Let me know if I can help with any questions.

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, FYI - the Match Trigger on the USPf brought my pull weight to 10 lbs for DA, but very short and smooth.

When I measured it I was surprised ot see the 10 ounds but the pull is so short and smooth that it doesn'e even seem close to that.  It's a sweet shooter with that kit man.

CMOS

Link Posted: 4/3/2004 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, I'll make a few phone calls and see what I can turn up.  There are several H&K dealers in the state, and in a Military state like North Carolina there's bound to be at least a couple certified armorers.  If it comes down to sending to H&K, who do I contact and how?  

Thanks again.    
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 4:52:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Try getting a Wolf 12 lb hammer spring first. It will make a nice difference in the trigger pull for a couple of bucks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I hear there are some really nice aftermarket match triggers for HK USPs...
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Try getting a Wolf 12 lb hammer spring first. It will make a nice difference in the trigger pull for a couple of bucks.

Where's the best place to get one of those?
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 1:28:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Yea, the grip is nice, but when i fire more than 200 rounds per session, the back of the handle basicly beats my palm like a meat tenderizer.  Bought a hogue grip sleeve for it, and it fells even better.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 4:26:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's the best place to get one of those?

www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/HecklerKoch.html#USP

Get the 12lb Hammer spring.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Thanks, I'll make a few phone calls and see what I can turn up.  There are several H&K dealers in the state, and in a Military state like North Carolina there's bound to be at least a couple certified armorers.  If it comes down to sending to H&K, who do I contact and how?  

Thanks again.    

wolffie:

Phil Flack at PF Custom Guns in Asheville is an HK armorer on USPs, MP5s, etc. His phone is 828-252-9487. Phil is a good guy, & does excellent work. Our agency is getting ready to buy new service handguns, & it looks like we are getting USP45s from him.....

On the rear sight issue, the only problem with adjustable sights is they tend to get "adjusted" at the wrong times. Like when you take a spill, bump something during training, etc. If you're not going to carry the USP in rough conditions, adjustable sights may be fine. I have the fixed H&K night sights on my USP40, and they've been rock solid. If they only problem you have is the group being 2" left, I would move (or have an armorer move) the rear sight & see how you like it. I'm sure Phil could install the match trigger & move the sight as needed.

I have toyed with the idea of putting a match trigger on mine, but since I carry it as my sidearm when I'm in uniform, I didn't want to do any modifications to the factory package. It's plenty accurate enough as it is, and there won't be any court hassles over modifications if I'm involved in a shooting.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Not trying to jack your thread, but is there a H@K CERTIFIED SMITH IN PHOENIX THAT'S GOOD ?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top