Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2009 2:53:32 PM EDT
Just got a P2000sk and the finger rest on the mag made the grip too cramped for my pinky, as it seems to do for many. I've got a couple of flush mag bases on back order, but I still wanted to see if I could do something with the factory mag base. Anyway, I noticed it was a fairly soft rubber and not a hard plastic. So, I pulled out my heat gun, low fan at 850 degrees. I kept the heat gun about 2 inches away and heated the mag base for about 40-50 seconds, constantly keeping the heat gun in motion so I didn't just melt one spot on the base. I then just pushed the heated finger rest down on a hard surface and held it there for about 30 seconds, then ran cold water over it. It has held its new shape just fine, and while not perfect, it is a DEFINATE improvement.

Link Posted: 7/3/2009 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool idea man, props.
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Great idea!

I have flat floor plates on order for the exact same reason.
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't look like much of a difference, but completely changes the feel...I may not need to put flush base plates on now. I really wish Pearce would make an extension for the P2000SK...
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It doesn't look like much of a difference, but completely changes the feel...I may not need to put flush base plates on now. I really wish Pearce would make an extension for the P2000SK...

Timothy585:

Unless I'm mistaken, there is an "extension" of sorts that is available for the P2000SK...I seem to recall a device called an "X Grip" or something similar which allowed for the use of standard P2000 mags with the P2000SK.  I remember seeing this a couple of years ago; essentially, it filled the gap between the bottom of the SK's grip and the top of the P2000 mag's floorplate.

<googling...>

In fact, here it is!   X Grip @ Top Gun Supply

If I owned a P2000SK, this is definitely the way I'd go...first of all, this option allows for a fuller, more comfortable grip (especially if you have big hands) while also increasing the SK's mag capacity to 13+1 (9mm) or 12+1 (.40 S&W or .357 SIG).  The only "downside" is that you'll have to buy P2000 mags to replace your SK mags.

-BK
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Flat floorplates on a P2SK leave your finger in an odd spot.  Usually slips off the grip with each shot, but the grip is just a little bit too long to keep the pinky permanently underneath the floorplate, like you can on the 4.2" Glock 26.  

I know what you mean about the squashed feeling with the pinky extension.
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll just drop in my opinion via this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF49fD5JLDc
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 2:56:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll just drop in my opinion via this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF49fD5JLDc

That's a good assessment.   While I've settled on the P2SK as I prefer the safety of the heavy first DA trigger pull vs. the G26 (that's a whole 'nother internet argument), I do have to admire Glock for jamming 10 rounds into just 4.17" vs. the 4.61" of the P2SK.  The significance of the short 4.17" height is that it's very comfortable and natural to curl your pinky underneath the magazine, vs. the 4.61" height of the P2SK with flat floorplates, which either has your pinky hanging on the very tip of the grip, or stretching to curl underneath.  

While the G26 has a natural spot for your pinky, I find I'm always searching for the right spot for the pinky on the P2SK.

Link Posted: 7/10/2009 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I see what you're sayin' there.  Glocks are very efficient in storing ammo.  The short slide and the fat grip help quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#9]
where did you order the flush mag floor plates and what is the part number?
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
where did you order the flush mag floor plates and what is the part number?

I called HK directly.  In the back of your HK manual is the parts diagram.  They list the flat floorplate part in there.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top