Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/22/2009 11:36:36 AM EDT
I heard alot of stories of people saying that the gunstore where they purchased their p2000sk was supposed to come with an extra 357 barrel., and how the stores were pulling the barrel to sell seperately.

so how come I cant find any for sale anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#1]
They are full of crap.  CDNN did a special where they shipped out some with an extra .357 SIG barrel but that is not the normal way they come, especially from HK.  And the pistols are not marked for both calibers and I don't think the extra barrel was serial numbered to the pistol either.  So far as I know that was not a HK promotion but a CDNN promotion and not all CDNN SKs came with two barrels anyway.  Some people just like to think they got ripped off for what ever reason.
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
so why are 357 barrels so hard to find, they are almost non-esistent.  I need  want one badly.  can anyone point me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Good question that only HK can answer I'm afraid.  It took me over a year to get one for my P2K .40 in .357 SIG and I too have been looking for one for my SK .40.  I have no idea why they are not getting extras in but I imagine it has something to do with HK Germany not releasing them.  HK-USA is pretty much as the mercy of HK-Germany.  They do what they want and no matter how much HK-USA orders something, if HK-Germany does not want to ship it they won't.  How CDNN got them, Lord only knows.  I would be interested in knowing if the extra barrels were without serial numbers indicating they were "parts" barrels, if they had serial numbers not matched to the pistol which would indicate they were taken from parts guns, or if they were actually serial numbered to the pistol by HK, which I have not heard anyone claim that they were.
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Before Academy quit selling HK (8 months or so ago) I was able to pick up a SK .357 that came with a free .40 barrel. From what HK told me, all v3 versions of the .357 sig (sk and p2000) came with a free .40 barrel. Both barrels have matching serials btw.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a new 357 sig barrel or p2000sk, I went about it in an outlandish way.  I started pm'ing all the guys that reported buying a p2000sk in 357 with 40 barrel I probably pm'ed about 15 to 20 on different boards, and voila, I got 1 pm with a "I got a brand new one and I'll let you have it for $175".  

I know they were free at one point, but hey that deal is over with and I still got one, a new one at that.  thanks for all the moral support.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Before Academy quit selling HK (8 months or so ago) I was able to pick up a SK .357 that came with a free .40 barrel. From what HK told me, all v3 versions of the .357 sig (sk and p2000) came with a free .40 barrel. Both barrels have matching serials btw.

I know this is not true.  Our store got in a LOT of SK that did not have both barrels.  It might have been a special deal done with an academy group purchase or some distributor like CDNN but this is not the way the normal SK shipped from HK. If the serial numbers matched and the font is the same, then maybe they did come from HK but that is not the standard situation and is plainly wrong to state that they ALL came that way.  My extra barrel on my .45 CT and P2K have matching serial numbers also, but they were done after I got them and are not the same HK font.  

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not going to get into a pissing match, but don't state facts if you have limited knowledge of the situation. I answered to the OP with personal experience and knowledge that I received from my own purchase, and a conversation with  HK. To state that, "your store didn't get any so it's not true" is a ridiculous point to make. Were all of your SK's v3 variants chambered in .357 sig? My best advice to the OP would be to place a call to an accurate source for confirmation....HK.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]
BigBore's knowledge owns all.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top