Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/28/2009 5:47:22 AM EDT
Since the USP 45 Compact is not really concealable for me (unless I keep my coat on), why choose the Compact over the full size?
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Some actually say they can shoot the compact better - different recoil system - different feel.

You may want to try both before you buy - or just buy both.
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 6:25:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Some actually say they can shoot the compact better - different recoil system - different feel.

You may want to try both before you buy - or just buy both.

This, I cant shoot the compact USPs worth a shit but hand me a fullsize and I shoot them better than any other handgun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the 'buy both' part.
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I too am one of those who shoot their compact more accurately than my full size. I have large hands, so the trigger reach isn't an issue with me. Dunno why it's so, but it's so.    

Having said that, there's also something to be said for 12rds of .45acp goodness.    

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I also think the HK45C shoots better and softer than the full size version. The Glock 30 also shooter better for me than the 21.

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 7:09:07 AM EDT
[#6]
just ordered a USP 45c, should be here this week.... can't wait.  first H&K.  struggled with the fullsize or compact thing and went with the compact for a better ability to conceal.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought an HK45 and I wish I would have got the HK45c instead.  The HK45 only holds 10, it seems they could have designed the mags to hold more, but who knows.  I'm not sure how many the compact version holds but I'd feel comfortable carrying it with whatever it holds (being a .45)  If I needed more after 8 shots and a reload It probably wouldn't matter how many the pistol held.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both, a USP .45 and USPc .45.  Both are great, but the compact is a tad more comfortable in my hand and yes, much easier to conceal.  I like aloha shirts and it conceals just fine in a belt holster.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
just ordered a USP 45c, should be here this week.... can't wait.  first H&K.  struggled with the fullsize or compact thing and went with the compact for a better ability to conceal.

It won't be your last...............    

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It won't be your last...............    

Man, you got that right.  Picked it up yesterday (a variant 1) at lunch and man, what a piece of work.  I'm very very impressed thus far and want another.  i have large hands and the compact fits me perfectly, if it was a smidge smaller, the grip would be too small but as it is with the finger plate at the bottom, it's perfect.  i got mine with night sights and there is not a single thing I want to do or add.  I'm definitely a new addition to the H&K club.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Bought the USP compact .45 and two days later bought the USP tactical. Now im getting an MP5! No, it wont be your last
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top