Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/18/2003 7:03:14 AM EDT
My agency has recently approved several .45's for patrol use. I am debating over three different choices: Kimber Ten II, H&K USP, and Para-Ordnance LDA 14.45.

I would appriciate any input if you carry any of these for patrol, or if you would not and why ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the USP.  I have two different ones - my experiences have only been positive.  Lightweight, reliable, accurate.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have shot the full sized Kimber Ten II and own an Ultra Ten II...both excellent guns. I also have both a full size and compact USP in .45 My old agency recently issued H&K USP's in .45 and is very happy with them...they use the LEM (Law Enforcement Module) triggers...no problems at all for a year or so now.

Me personally, I would probably go for the Kimber because I have carried and shot SA 1911 type autos all my life...or at least for most of the past 40 years...and I am very comfortable with them. For agency-wide use, the H&K...especially with the LEM...makes much more sense and, across the board, will be a more reliable gun for service work with most cops. (And, remember, the H&K has the rail for mounting goodies...the others do not)

I am not a big fan of the Paras in general, although I had a P14 built that I liked very much. I would stay with the Kimber or H&K.

Just my $.02 worth.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I am a 1911 kind of guy - have 5 of them from Colt, Kimber and Springfield. But if I had to carry on duty, it would be a USP w/night sites.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks one and all for the input. I'm going to go with the USP.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top