Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/13/2003 8:24:06 PM EDT
What do you guys think is the best weapon light for the USPC?

I have a USPC .45 that I was thinking about putting a GG&G adapter on, and then a Streamlight M-3 (maybe M-6).  Any opinions on this out there?

I have heard that the HK light (can't think of it's name) is not as good--too expensive, heavier, not as bright.

Does anyone have any pics that they would like to share?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a full size .45 USP, with the GG&G adapter and the M3 light. I like it alot. Very stable, easy to install/remove, and the adapter will nor mar or scratch the frame or rails. Have been very happy with it.

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
NICE man0ica, thanks for the picture.

I've been toying with the idea of trading in my USPC for a full size; for two reasons:

1.  A tac light would be more suitable for it.  And this isn't a CCW, it's a backup to my shotgun for home defense.

2.  The Clintonista mags that come with the gun would be high cap.  10 VS. 8, right?

What do you guys think?

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
 I can't say for sure about the tac light on the USP compact, as I haven't had the chance to try it on one yet. I have shot a compact USP quite a few times, and thought it was an excellent pistol. I am extremely pleased with the full sized 45 USP, as far as reliability and accuracy.
 The compact USP is a fairly big pistol, so I don't think it would be a great choice for a concealed pistol, although the accuracy, reliability, ease of use, and knock-down power are all excellent.  
The fullsize USP H&K magazines are 10rd capacity, usually sell for about $35 new, and there are some H&K 12rd magazines available, but they are expensive ($85-95 each). Just tried a Pro-mag brand magazine, and fired 200rds without any problems. They sell for about $15.
Hope this helped.    Andy
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got the Insight Technology UTL, made for the H&K's, and like it just fine.  I have put it on and off many times, and it's not messing up the groove lips at all. Bright, and the toggle switch is easy to reach.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top