Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/12/2003 4:55:01 AM EDT
I've got a USP 40 compact with nickeled slide. Over the years, the nickle has tarnished and pitted. I would like to replace it with a standard slide with night sites.

So tell me how H&K is to deal with. Do they blow off lowly civilians because we are not military or LEO? or do they step up and treat civilians right?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only had to call them a couple of times.

I never had an issue with them, very polite, had my USP 9 back in about a week.

Some people say they have bad costomer service. I think most people hear of a guy that had a friend, who's cousins neighbor's boss's sister was treated poorly by them and take it as the gospel.

Call them, and post back here how they treated you.

I would like to know.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It is my understanding that the USPC was never made with a nickeled slide, only stainless steel and HE.  If it is truly a nickeled slide it may be done aftermarket, and you cannot blame HK if they won't do anything for it.  They may refinish it to HE, or if it is the stainless they may buff it out, but don't expect them to re-nickel the slide.  I know CDNN sells used USPs that are said to be two-tone nickeled slides, but I have yet to have anyone confirm that they are indeed HK nickeled and not refinishes done by the departments who sell them to dress up guns with heavy finish wear.  If anyone has any proof that HK did runs of nickel USPs and USPCs I would be very interested in seeing it.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that it's been brought up, how does one find the used HK's on the CDNN site. I've never seen a complete firearm listed there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
ScrubJ,
Try this link:
www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html
New & Used pistols are in the first 25 pages.

If you don't have the Adobe PDF reader go here (so you can see the catalog)

www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Decent prices and nice folks!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've only had to call them a couple of times.

I never had an issue with them, very polite, had my USP 9 back in about a week.

Some people say they have bad costomer service. I think most people hear of a guy that had a friend, who's cousins neighbor's boss's sister was treated poorly by them and take it as the gospel.

Call them, and post back here how they treated you.

I would like to know.

I purchased (3/99) an "abused" H&K .45 USPc at a gun show (great price) that some moron had picked out the white dot sights leaving three holes. On the following Monday I called H&K to see if I could purchase the plastic inserts, they advised me that they only replace the entire front and rear sights and they would USnail Mail me a set, no charge. NEVER received them! Never called back about it since I wasn't thrilled at having to hammer out the sights, replace them, and try to align the sights again. Instead I bought a $5 bottle of fluorescent orange sight paint and filled in the holes. Looks and works great. [Having trained as a nuclear engineer, I don't care to have radioactive stuff around, thank you very much. So night sites are not in my vocabulary.]

Not great customer service but caused me less pain than replacing the sights, so I'm not bitching about it either.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I sent it to H&K. They promised a 4 week turnaround and will install night sights too. We will see how they do...
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top