Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 11/8/2003 6:40:49 PM EDT
I just need help with my decision. I think I have it narrowed down to the .45 cal but can't decide between full size or compact. I think fullsize because I am going to get the most accuracy and 2 additional rounds compared to the compact. I completely ruled out 9mm, 40s&w and .357sig due to the 10 round limitation and if no new law replaces the AWB then I will have an excuse to buy another one. I think compact because I can protect my house and carry concealed as well. I currently carry a Glock 27. Every time I think I have made up my mind I think of another reason to go with the other one and buying both is not an option at this time. Is the compact comparable to say a Glock 19/23? If it would be tough to carry the compact concealed I will stick with the G27 and get the fullsize for the house.
Please give me your view of one choice Compact .45 USP vs. Fullsize .45 USP
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to a gun store that has both and handle them.  You might find out that the full size is just to much or that there is not enough difference between the two and like the full size.  If you look at a full size to a full size 1911 the only big difference is the slide and mag well are wider(which is the same on full or compact).  It all comes down to what you like and what you are going to use it for.  I like snub wheel guns for carry so I bought the full size for home and fun.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
My USP 40 full size was recently stolen, and I just replaced it with a compact.This gun is by far much more comfortable in my hand than the full size.  Although not a tremendous amount smaller, it does conceal much better.  As for accuracy, I shot a cdouple of hundred rounds through it yesterday, and I can honestly say that I am just as accurate with it as I was the full size.   I dont think that you could go wrong with either.....the compact just feels better to me.  Hold them both and go with what feels best.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Both of my USP's are compacts. They balance better IMO & are obviously easier to use as a CCL gun.

As for any accuracy differences, they'd be minimal if existant at all.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Both guns are very accurate.

See which one fits you better. I have small hands, the full size USPs just don't point right for me.

The compact fits me so much better.

YMMV
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Go with the USPC.  And it better be .45!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Get the compact.  I bought the full size then shot a compact and man was I bummed.  I'm now trying to sell my full size or trade it so I can get the compact.

HTH
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top