Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 12:41:30 AM EDT
Just bought a new USP 45f and looking at the cases after firing the primer has a keyhole shape on the primer where the firing pin hits.  Is this normal?  I have less than 20 rounds through this gun.  I know that when this happens on a 1911 the barrel is unlocking early and the firing pin is run across the primer while the barrel is unlocking.  Is this the same for Usp 45f?  If so how do you fix it?  I really like the gun and if it is something I can do to fix it with out shipping it in I would rather do that.  Thanks for any replies.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never noticed that with any of mine.

Call HK and see what they say. (703) 450-1900
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about the H&K, but the owners manual for my P40 Kahr mentions that and dented cases as normal.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The proof shell that came with this gun also has the same marking.  I did call H&K and got the voice mail.  I left my name, number and question but have not had any callback.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:55:47 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a similar question asked about this same issue a while back. This is very common with several guns, including the USP and the Sig 220's. It is indicative of the fact that these guns have a high bore line and a longer ways to go to drop the barrel when unlocking after the shot is fired. No, it is not seen in all USP's but mine does it and so do several others I have seen. I have never seen a 220 that did NOT do it. In the 1911, it is not a good sign and should be checked. In guns such as the 220 / USP, it is not a problem...shoot it, it's fine.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top