Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 9:36:50 PM EDT
My department is about to allow anything under the sun for carry.....I'm getting it narrowed down, but want to hear what others have to say also......gimme your two cents worth on which you would carry? And if you have carried/used two or more extensively, I'd love to hear from you.....it's going to be a patrol pistol, as well as a dual use in swat.......

Kimber TLE with rail
Glock 21
HK USP45

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Kimber is a nice 1911 but they use some cast parts. They also load them up with shit I neither need nor want to pay for.

Glock 21s are certainly not a small gun. They pretty accurate & will feed virtually anything you run in it. Downside (for me) is their mushy feeling trigger & each & every Glock looks just like all the others.

H&K USP's are THE most accurate production gun made today, bar none. Their triggers are the traditional double action feel, there's several aftermarket trigger replacements that supposedly allow a near perfect feel (not necessarly a "light trigger").

I just bought my second USP, this one another Compact & in .357Sig. Given your SWAT requirement, I would say the accuracy ability of the H&K should be most appealing to you.

Certainly you've listed three good quality guns & you shouldn't have any real problem with the a Glock or Kimber. But I'd bet you're gonna be impressed with the H&K once you shoot it!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got all three of the weapons you named, and for your purposes the USP45 is the way to go. It's barely bulkier than the G21, but that's not a problem on patrol or SWAT duty. Get the Expert trigger pack; it definitely makes a difference. It has a fully supported chamber, unlike the G21.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:05:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Third vote for the USP.

I own three USPs, and one Kimber. The Kimber can be picky with the magazines. The HK eats everything (except Wolf)

I've shot Glocks and didnt like them, so I never bought one.

Get the HK you will not be sorry.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I got avg hands, and disagfree with all, I had 3 kimbers, fatherinlaw as one now that i sold him and should have kept. I still own one(ss compact 2" to 3" groups with win white box , I got one and fatherinlaw as the other( its a 5" and it shoots almost 1 hole and stays under 2",mostly 1.5". Custom classic and custom compact. I had bought a black compact that sahot normal to fullsize 45's. I like glocks for there simplicity and you will like them. I got a hkc40ss and a usp45ss. My hk40 shoots as good and better than sig229 i have owned. Full size shoots good but is more recoil/muzzle rise than anything else i have owned. Its accurate but not no kimber to,but then theres guys who gets 2" groups with there uasp45,i got a 2.5" yesterdayshooting DAO mode, got close once or twice with it in SA,but generally it openens up to avg. around 5" mostly, but i'm shooting win whitebox 230gr( kimber likes it but dirty powder) and not tried anything else in it yet. Just get one of each,I like them all.,lol I've owned 2 g23,1-g32c,2-35,1-g27. I shot my first 2.5" group at 25yrds with the second g23 for first time,but my first i had that was my first glock i could not decide if i hated it or liked it, it was inconsistant and would get better groups sometimes,but recoiled more than this one. Lot of people are getting the LEM put on there HK's and love them, thinking on trying that myself.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
but generally it openens up to avg. around 5" mostly,

If your groups open up like that then the problem isn't the gun, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:25:54 AM EDT
[#6]
HK Mark 23 SOCOM is what you need!!!!

Rob
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I was wondering if you would have one of these threads here as well.  I wasn't disappointed.  However, instead of typing the whole bloody thing all over again, let me simply direct everybody to the Glock section and find this thread there.  You'll see the logic for my opinion, and for the record, I recommend the USP.  Of course.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for the HK. Nothing to add to the above comments as these guys know what they are talking about. All I can say is that you WILL NOT be disappointed with the HK.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#9]

H&K   "No Compromise"
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Own both a glock and a USP. My personal preference though is always to grab my USP. I like the feel of it better and although my glock is hella accurate, I feel my USP is just a tiny bit more so. (Maybe it is just in my head.)

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a G21 with a gripop reduction, and a USP45F. Im selling the Glock because I don't shoot it anymore. It doesn't fit my hand. My USP is 100% reliable, its easy to shoot, and it combines the best attributes of the classic 1911 with the new wave Glock/Sig type weapons.

Go to HKPro.com for more information on the USP.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#12]
once you shoot an HK, i don't think you'd touch anything else.  pulling the trigger is just orgasmic....and the gun just looks so damn sexy!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:02:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Kimber is a nice 1911 but they use some cast parts. They also load them up with shit I neither need nor want to pay for.

Glock 21s are certainly not a small gun. They pretty accurate & will feed virtually anything you run in it. Downside (for me) is their mushy feeling trigger & each & every Glock looks just like all the others.

H&K USP's are THE most accurate production gun made today, bar none. Their triggers are the traditional double action feel, there's several aftermarket trigger replacements that supposedly allow a near perfect feel (not necessarly a "light trigger").

I just bought my second USP, this one another Compact & in .357Sig. Given your SWAT requirement, I would say the accuracy ability of the H&K should be most appealing to you.

Certainly you've listed three good quality guns & you shouldn't have any real problem with the a Glock or Kimber. But I'd bet you're gonna be impressed with the H&K once you shoot it!!!!!

Nice post....
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#14]
What fits your hands the best, really. The G21 and USP.45 are serious hog-legs. However, if you must have .45, I would rule out the Glock 21. Its really not Glock's best gun, its always had problems when used a lot. For Glock go with a 17 or 22 for patrol/swat.

If .45 is a must, and your hands are large enough, I would have to further endorse the USP. Add some Heinie night sights, and there you go.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Another vote for the HK.

I have the USPC45.  It's my favorite handgun that I own.  A true "full-sized compact" rather than these mini-framed guns.  It is accurate, and it's very comfortable to shoot.

My only complaint is that high cap. (and regular mags) for it are outrageously expensive, and are fairly hard to find.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top