Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/4/2008 4:23:52 AM EDT
Just wondering because soon I will have my CCW and I only have a USP fullsize. Using a cheap(but small) Don Hume leather holster I can hide it good enough around the house, but Im worried it might not work out that good around town.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Obivously there are some that do: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=29&t=59081

mike
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I do on occaision. A IWB makes it easier, paticularly a Crossbreed or a Comp-Tac Minataur type holster that has a smooth backing for comfort. I carry 3:30 due to where I wear my on duty holster.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35

I hope this helps!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I ccw'd a USP45F for about 1 year and a half before switching to a G30 briefly and than a G19 (my permanent CCW).

I used a Don Hume IWB leather holster.  The flat bottom mags conceal easier than the extended ones.  With 13 rds of .45 it feels like it weights twice what my G19 with 16 rds weighs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry USP Tac 45 full size IWB, unless I carry G34.  

Also carry J Frame in front pocket, but almost never leave the pistol in the glove box.  

I am ca 6'1", medium to slender build & I never have problem feeling comfortrable that I am concealed.  

Butt of pistol fits close against my body in small of back on strong side.  Also, looking at me square from the front w/o an outer shirt on, you really can't see the slide in my silhouette.  It is almost as much SOB carry as hip carry.   If I bend over I suppose you can see a bulge, but it is not a pistol outline shaped bulge.  Never hand anyone bug me about it.  If they did I'd just tell'em its my colostomy bag & to mind their own fuckin business.  

I should also point out I live in FL & carry this way year round.  I wear button up short sleeve shirts un-tucked, or sometimes golf shirts un-tucked.  

I recommend an 8 way universal belt slide holster.  I can be carrier on either hip, either in or out of wasteband, & w/ Butt forward or back ward.  Sometimes those universal soft universal IWB holsters w/ the slick soft fabric inside work well enough & can accommodate  a butt forward position when seated in car

When you sit down in the car, you can pull it out about 1/2 way & then flip the butt forward, put it back in the holster & then slide it forward a little bit so it doesn't dig into you back while seated.  Especially if you have side bolsters.  Then you can do the reverse when you are getting out of car, w/o even lifting up your shirt.  This type of holster generally gives you alot of flexability to adjust for the various conditions you'll be in through out the day.  

IMO, w/ hammer down & safety on, mexican carry is fine too as long as you wear cowboy type jeans.  But if your pants aren't that tight, you need something to keep it from maybe falling down you pants leg

BTW, thanks for getting your CCW & not being a community security freeloader.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys. I have been messing with the Don Hume holster and really like the feeling and comfort of carrying at about 3 o'clock, however I have found that a slight cant forward REALLY helps hide the grip. So I think that will be my plan until I can get something better.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Off duty I carry my USP 40f in a Highnoon Holster "Side Guard" with a matching double mag carrier. In the current warm weather I live in, I wear cargo shorts with a shirt that is like the Under Armor shirt but made by Champion 9 bucks vs 24 bucks you decide! Over the breathable shirt I'll put a 2X or larger button up short sleeve tropical shirt or polo shirt. No one can tell since I'm 6ft tall and a "Big Ox" as my wife calls me! Belt is the 5.11 leather belt or Instructor's belt. The Highnoon holster is very comfortable and holds close to me. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Galco paddle everyday.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry my USP .40 F in a Blackhawk Serpa holster behind the point of my right hip. I'm a dainty flower (6'1"- 350 lbs)hock.gif and have no problem making my carry gun disappear. I usually wear polo type shirts long and untucked so if my shirt rides up or I have to reach for something above my head in the grocery store I won't inadvertently reveal my sidearm.

phatjohn
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#9]
What holster can I wear at about 3:30 position and gives the weapon a good ammount of cant forward?
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 2:02:54 AM EDT
[#10]
IWB holsters work great, I always carry my Glock 31 in one and even with a T-shirt you can't see the butt.  I assume it would work the same with a USP since they are practically identical in size.  I also have a don hume and without wearing a flannel or something it really sticks out to the side and prints.  IWB are kind of bothersome at first but you get used to them after a while.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What holster can I wear at about 3:30 position and gives the weapon a good ammount of cant forward?

C-TAC
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#12]
HK USP 45 in Desantis IWB. The forward cant really does help hide the grip. I usually will wear  one of my more loose shirts and darker colors to help mask the print. It doesn't hide near as well as my Glock 23 or Sig but I shoot better with it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Tried it a bit with my USP45T... just was too uncomfortable to carry. Too big. I'll stick with my Glock 22/23/27
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I run my 45 Tac and USPf 9mm. in a black Galco leather holster 3 slot. It will give you great cant forward if you need it. Great holster and has held up well over the last 3 years. But I prefer to carry my USPc. 45 for off duty, just is easier to conceal. I am 6'3" and 265lbs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a Safariland belt and paddle holster or the 518 belt holster from them to carry my fullsize USP 9mm with jet funnel and 18 round magazines. I carry 2 mags for backup. It is heavy but having a strong belt really helps with the weight distribution.

ESQ
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Tom cruise carried a full sized USP in "Collateral".  didnt he have a IWB holster of some sort
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Obivously there are some that do: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=29&t=59081

mike

that topic you linked is referring to a USPc meaning compact
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I carry a USP 45 fullsize in a Comptac Pro Undercover IWB at the 3:30 position forward cant, cocked and locked. SW 442 J frame on my ankle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#19]
USP45f at 3:00 using a Uncle Mikes IWB
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Kramer VMII IWB, USP40f.  All the time.  Excellent placement, retention, and slight cant forward make it disappear under anything.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 2:40:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I have carried my USP 9 on occasion, mostly as an experiment to see if I could.  I can only pull it off if I'm wearing a coat or jacket of some kind.  Which, in Oregon, can be quite often.  I'm much more comfortable with my Glock 19 however.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 4:09:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Tom cruise carried a full sized USP in "Collateral".  didnt he have a IWB holster of some sort

Aaahhh yes. Movie carry.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I carry a fullsize USP .40 in the winter....

winter trigger guard allows me control of the trigger (and ACCESS) when wearing gloves...

plus winter clothing allows me to conceal the pistol properly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I used to carry my USP 40 in an Alessi CQC/S OWB holster. Great concealment and all day everyday comfort.

Finding the right belt / holster combination for your weapon of choice can be a challenge. A little tenacity and cash to experiment until you find what works for you is how many people do it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top