Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/2/2008 3:12:46 PM EDT
I am trying to make a decision on which HK to keep. I have both the USP and the USPC in .45 and need to let one go. Haven't shot either very much at all to compare but would like to know if anyone has any experience with the accuracy of both pistols.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:49:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both weapons and I can tell you that both are very accurate but which to keep is going to depend on what you are going to do with it.. If you are shooting at paper targets or just plinking around then either will do.. If you intend to do ccw then the compact will do you better as hiding a full sized usp will be harder to do. Each weapon is good in its own respect.. take them both out and shoot them and see which feels better only you can know the best feel for you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have both the USP and the USPC in .45 and need to let one go.

Blasephemy!

Many owners find that their Compact shoots better than their full sized brothern, I know mine does. OTOH, there's nothing more secure than holding a USP with a 12rd mag & one or two in the belt ready to go.  

Dare I ask what you're gonna buy as its replacement?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my USP fullsize 45 and my USP compact 45, and wouldn't want to part with either.  

I guess if I "REALLY" needed to get rid of one of them, it would be the fullsize USP, simply because later I could replace it with an HK45 and use those mags with my compact 45.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a dilemma BobCole, they both feel good in my hand but I need to let one go for a purchase I just made, a NIB Black USC which desperately needs a conversion.  Otherwise, I would keep them both.  This H&K stuff gets expensive!  

Mywar, I think I have them both up on the EE and whichever goes first, goes first.  From what I've read they both have great reviews.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah..... you fell victim to the USC/UMP conversion bug!  I have one that I SBR'd, and I absolutely love it!  Probably the most fun gun that I own.  However, if it were me, I would still find something else to sell, and keep both USP's, and the USC!

Here's my USC/UMP SBR conversion!

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, nice UMP clone.  Too bad I can not have an exact clone here in NY, the AWB is still in effect and SBRs are illegal here.  I am going to do a grease gun pistol grip conversion with a pinned stock.  I should have it done by next week and can't wait.

I decided to sell my SAR-1, Keltec P3AT and Mossberg entry 12 ga.  The first two sold, just waiting on the Mossy to sell.   I think thats enough for now so I will end up keeping the USPs.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I decided to sell my SAR-1, Keltec P3AT and Mossberg entry 12 ga.  The first two sold, just waiting on the Mossy to sell.   I think thats enough for now so I will end up keeping the USPs.

Better choice IMHO.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top