Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/16/2002 8:43:15 AM EDT
What are the HK compact 9mm going for? I'am in the market for a compact 9mm, HK, Baretta or Glock 26. The glock 26 prices I've got are 620.00 and 640.00 with nightsights and not including tax, I know glocks are really great handguns, but thats a little high.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#1]
So your health, honor,and freedom arent worth a few hundred bucks to you?  The Kahr is currently THE compact 9 to look at, but the 357 Sig is by far the better rd. Have a compact Kahr 9 barrel recut to the Sig rd, drop it into a Compact .40, and you have a gun of the size and wt of the Mak, but with 4x the power, because the RBCD Sig load is 60 grs at 2200 fps in this short barrel, and that means that its temporary cavity really DOES damage tissue that the bullet never touches. 650 ft lbs, guarnteed frag of the slug at THAT speed. AP, too, if you will take the trouble to make your own "magsafe" like slugs, using STEEL pellets and epoxy in place of the lead core, (melted out of  jhp's.)
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What are the HK compact 9mm going for? I'am in the market for a compact 9mm, HK, Baretta or Glock 26. The glock 26 prices I've got are 620.00 and 640.00 with nightsights and not including tax, I know glocks are really great handguns, but thats a little high.  

not sure what they sell for...
but i for one don't really like the HK compacts, esp in 9mm. personally id go for a p7, but thats talking mucho dinero
the compacts for me, just arent....well very compact. you may be of a larger frame than i am, but if i was bigger id still go for a full size.  im not a glock or beretta man either... so where does that leave us???
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]

HK USP 9mm Compact is between $620 to $650 depending where you look.  I have smaller hands so HK compact 9mm works best for me. I'm thinking about the HK compact 40 for a while now, and still thinking.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
personally id go for a p7, but thats talking mucho dinero

Around here I find used P7M8s, in like new condition for $750, 2 mags included. Yes, I'd willingly pay more for one of these over the others mentioned.  If I could not swing that, or wanted a lighter gun, I'd try a plastic Kahr.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
personally id go for a p7, but thats talking mucho dinero

Around here I find used P7M8s, in like new condition for $750, 2 mags included. Yes, I'd willingly pay more for one of these over the others mentioned.  If I could not swing that, or wanted a lighter gun, I'd try a plastic Kahr.

Tinker,
are you talking about the german police refurbs? i'm looking for a LN p7m8 let me know where you are in TX. and if you see any, drop me an email, would 'ya please!
colin
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:46:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top