Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 2:39:19 AM EDT
Alright. I took my pistol apart tonight to give it a good scrubbin. Nothing unusuall, then I finish cleaning the barrel, and I noticed that along the rifleing it looks like there are scratches/grooves in it. WTF is this?

The last thing I clean is the lower part of it. I noticed that on the rear slide rail on the right side of the pistol there was a little chunk of it missing, like it had broken off. WTF is this?

Should I send it to HK or what? I have heard horror stories about thier customer service.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Rob
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:12:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Alright. I took my pistol apart tonight to give it a good scrubbin. Nothing unusuall, then I finish cleaning the barrel, and I noticed that along the rifleing it looks like there are scratches/grooves in it. WTF is this?

What type of brush are you useing? I've seen what look like scratches in my barrels before, but it was just gunk. Let some slovent soak in there for a while, and re-clean it.

The last thing I clean is the lower part of it. I noticed that on the rear slide rail on the right side of the pistol there was a little chunk of it missing, like it had broken off. WTF is this?

What is missing, plastic or metal?
A bit of the rail is covered by plastic, and wears off when the gun gets fired. If it plastic I would not worry about it. It might look like the metal is gone, but its probably just extra plastic.

I've only delt with HK's customer service twice, and they were very very nice.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll take some pics of the rails on a couple of my USPs.

I wont be able to get to it today, but I'll try over the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I am just using the brushes from Wal Mart.

The piece that is broken is plastic. I will try to get some pics today also.

Thankyou, Rob
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are the pics

This is my USP40F  date KE 1994

3000+ rounds thru it?

My tac about 100 rounds thru it

My 45compact, 650 rounds thru?

you can see hi-res pics at these links:

www.funtigo.com/curt?b=25888&c=178603&p=36.0&nav=next

www.funtigo.com/curt?b=25888&c=178603&p=37.0&nav=next

www.funtigo.com/curt?b=25888&c=178603&p=38.0&nav=next

www.funtigo.com/curt?b=25888&c=178603&p=39.0&nav=next

There are some pics of the front rails also.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
They all wear the little bit of extra plastic off.

Its normal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
That is exactly what mine looks like.

Thankyou guys for all your help....

Rob
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top