Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 7:28:39 PM EDT
Some questions. Can this pistol be converted from one caliber to another by changing the slide/barrel? Can a .40 mag be used in a USP9mm compact holding 12 rounds? Most places don't specify what variant is for sale. Can one variant be converted to another? is one particular variant more common?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
one more question...pros/cons on stainless versus original finish?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I would politely disagree that SS wears better than H&Ks blue. Unless you're talking about holster wear?

As for variant popularity, it seems most guns get shipped as Varient 1. Yes, they're easily changed but H&K says use only a trained H&K armorer. I know I wouldn't screw with it.

As for changing the slide/barrel, I don't own a .40S&W but I'd bet the frame was a bit wider than the 9mm & the slide is too.

I have 2 USPs & a P7M8. Damn good guns.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#4]
ah yes, I looked at the USP compact manual and can see that one variant can be converted to any other variant by an armorer using a parts kit. One vendor had indicated that the .40 mags can be used in the 9mm and this got me to thinking that htey might all (or some) utilize the same frame and therefore caliber change might be a snap.

I don't plan to have this weapon holstered as CC is not a reality in this state so I was wondering how the two finishes held up otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
The frame size of USP 40s and 9s is the same. That holds true for 9/40 compact or 9/40 full size. The 45s have a wider frame.

Since the frames of USP 9/40s are the same width and length, caliber conversion would be possible. Conversion kits are available in Europe, but not here. I actually called HK about it.

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#6]
efk firedragon sells a 9mm drop in. i'm not sure it's advertised that way, but ask them about it. i've been tempted to try it and have heard good things, but no real evidence. has also been tested using .40 mags. seemed liek good company when i spoke to them on the phone, though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#7]
www.jarvis-custom.com

HK-USP
Compact standard length 357 Sig, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 400 Corbon.....$185.00
Compact extended length 357 Sig, 40S&W, 45ACP, 400 Corbon.....$195.00
Large Frame standard length 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP, 400 Corbon.....$185.00
Large Frame extended length 9mm, 40 S&W, 45ACP, 400 Corbon.....$195.00
USP Tactical with factory style threading......................................$237.00
Expert and Match Models...................................................$195.00

I don't see them offering down to 9mm, but it looks possible.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top