Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/15/2003 7:12:03 PM EDT
Hoorah!!!!  I traded off my Glock 32 (yes, yes, I know) for a NIB USP Compact in .357Sig with blued slide.

The bad news is, I can't shoot it until next week!!!

This is going to be my new carry gun, replacing my .45acp USP Compact.

I'm really excited about this one!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!  I'm looking into a Compact version of the USP myself.  Right now I have the full sized version in .40 so I might stick with the compact version in the same caliber.

Question:  Does it come standard with night sights?

Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Question: how does the USP compact compare in size to the glock subcompact; i.e. the glock 27? I like the compactness of the 27 but would much rather have a USP compact. Is the USP compact as concealable?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
No, the USP comes with 3 dot sights as standard. Works for me.

The USP compact is much bigger than the 27. It's closer to the 19/23/32 size, IMO. Again, works for me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on the new gun im waiting for a usp f 45 to come in  i think you will enjoy the Gun
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
FINALLY got to shoot it!!!!  It was PERFECT!!!

Point-of-aim was dead on so I didn't have to do any sight drift at all.

This one is a bit lighter than the .45acp USP I was carrying so I'm looking forward to the lighter weight.

We've said it before: H&K makes the BEST handguns out there, bar none!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Congradulation

For those considering a compact HK handgun check out the P2000, its supposed to be available soon, in 9mm and 40S&W.

I have a Glock 27 but am looking for another .40 and the P2000 looks good. It was supposed to be released sooner but HK ran into some problems with the BATF. So, supposedly September or October......
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is going to be my new carry gun, replacing my .45acp USP Compact.

I've been considering getting a USPc in 45.
Other than the difference in weight, why are you switching from 45 to 357sig?  (Should I consider the 357sig version over the 45?)  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've been considering getting a USPc in 45.
Other than the difference in weight, why are you switching from 45 to 357sig?  (Should I consider the 357sig version over the 45?)  Thanks!

I switched from the .45acp to the .357Sig because of the ballisitcs improvement. The .357Sig is a much flatter shooting rd compared to the .45acp.

There's a plus in the .357Sig gun size as well, it's a good bit smaller & lighter.

Keep in mind that I didn't sell my .45, I merely regulated it to the gun safe.

I do urge you to shoot a .357 before you buy it, it DOES have some zip to its recoil!

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I do urge you to shoot a .357 before you buy it, it DOES have some zip to its recoil!

Does firing a SIG 229 sport count?  It was stainless and had a weight on the front of the barrel so it wasn't flippy.  It was really loud with foam ear plugs and ear muffs, however.  My thinking was that 45 wouldn't hurt as much with naked ears.

How does your USP in 357 compare in zip to your P7?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Does firing a SIG 229 sport count?  It was stainless and had a weight on the front of the barrel so it wasn't flippy.
The Sport is a MUCH heavier gun than the USP Compact is. Recoil will be more pronounced as well.

It was really loud with foam ear plugs and ear muffs, however.  My thinking was that 45 wouldn't hurt as much with naked ears.
Are you CRAZY? Who shoots w/o protection?

How does your USP in 357 compare in zip to your P7?
No comparison. After 50rds in .357Sig, my hand shakes a bit. I can, & have, shoot 9mm all day long.

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are you CRAZY? Who shoots w/o protection?

Um, I thought you said this was for CCW, no?  
Do you wear muffs all the time?

At any rate, thank you very much for taking the time to answer all of my questions.  I really appreciate it.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Um, I thought you said this was for CCW, no?  
Do you wear muffs all the time?
[blue}Yes, it's for CCL use & range use. Auditory exclusion takes care of any hearing problems should I have to use it.

At any rate, thank you very much for taking the time to answer all of my questions.  I really appreciate it.
Hey, no problem.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top