Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/6/2003 12:25:32 PM EDT
Any one know where I can purchase the locking key for my USP 45? I purchased the gun a year ago and didn't notice the key wasn't in the box. I have been trying to contact H&K, but can't seem to get through when they are open. The gun came unlocked, but I would prefer to have one. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
DNS, have you tried asking around the discussion boards at www.hkpro.com?

I will look in my parts bucket, I may have a spare key floating around. I keep one on my key ring at all times.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't see any listed, at HKpro. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
For the life of me I cant imagine why you would want it. But if you cant find one I will GIVE you one of mine.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
While I have no particular use for it aside from picking mud off my cleats (excellent performance rating btw), in my case I found that merely showing my significant other that capability set her mind at ease.

She doesnt mind the non-locking, no safety revolver she has kept in the nightstand for years, but a semi-auto pistol without a lock is too much. Go figure?!?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I keep one on my key ring at all times.

I do to, but only because it looks cool. The gun is never locked with it.

My dealer is taking a course on the HK civilian firearms to be an armorer or whatever. He said he'd ask about taking the whole mechanism out for me. I hate it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I finally got through to H&K. They will send me one. I just thought I should have it, just in case. I suppose their is no way it could accidentally get locked without the key anyway. I will feel better knowing I have it. If it is possible to remove it, that is what I would prefer to do also. I read somewhere that the lock replaces what used to be the lanyard loop.Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]
To each his own I guess.  But for the life of me I do not understand why anyone would want to remove it.  When off it does absolutely nothing.  It doesn't hurt the trigger pull, it doesn't interfere with trigger feel, and it is the most innocuous “safety” device I have seen.  It cannot be accidentally turned on so that is not a worry in the least.  It cannot break, any more so than the non-locking lanyard loop, so it is not going to disable your pistol at the worst time possible.  And by removing it, if the weapon is used in a shooting, no matter how justified, you are just giving fodder to the prosecutor for "removing a safety device."   The only down side is if you pull a real bone-headed stunt and turn it on and then try to rack the slide. Turn it off, leave it off, and forget about it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I keep one on my key ring at all times.

I do to, but only because it looks cool. The gun is never locked with it.

I have never used mine either except to show the wife how it works and to not use it. I agree with Big-Bore about not removing the mechanism. It is not hurting anything by being there and why take the risk of having something go wrong with the weapon after the removal of a factory component. BTW DNS the lanyard loop is still included on the gun it, as far as I know was not replaced by the locking mechanism.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have several that you can buy. Please send me your email address.

Shane
ID: PSG1Shooter
[email protected]
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top