Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 9:45:13 AM EDT
I am considering getting either an Expert or a Tactical in 9mm. I will use it for target shooting and self-defence. Is one model really better than the other? I now shoot a Glock 17 and want something that is a little more of a precision pistol. I'll keep the Glock and buy the HK. I may trade off my PX 4.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am considering getting either an Expert or a Tactical in 9mm. I will use it for target shooting and self-defence. Is one model really better than the other? I now shoot a Glock 17 and want something that is a little more of a precision pistol. I'll keep the Glock and buy the HK. I may trade off my PX 4.

Hk doesn't make a USP9 Tactical. They do have the SD in 9mm but it does not have the match trigger. A match trigger can be done easily though. It does have the threaded barrell and tall adjustable sights.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am considering getting either an Expert or a Tactical in 9mm. I will use it for target shooting and self-defence.

A standard USP in 9mm may very well give you all the accuracy you need/want, IMO. I would also guess that holster shopping would be a bit easier with the standard sights of the USP versus the other option(s).

My .o2    
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Also the last time I checked it was pretty damn difficult to even find a HK Expert in 9mm. Having said that, you may want to consider a USP, P2000, or the new P30 in 9mm instead.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#4]
HK does not make a 9mm tactical? I just held one in my hand last week. Look on Hks US website, it shows a tactical in 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HK does not make a 9mm tactical? I just held one in my hand last week. Look on Hks US website, it shows a tactical in 9mm.

There is no true USP 9mm Tactical in the sense of the 45 or .40. The 9mm version is called the USP 9SD. It does not have the O-ring barrell or the match trigger like the 45 and .40 have. It does have the threaded barrell and adjustable tall sights. Look at the very bottom of the HK web page and you will see the disclaimer. It is a great weapon and I hope to someday find one for myself. If I remember correctly it should have SD(not tactical) on the slide but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If I remember correctly it should have SD(not tactical) on the slide but I could be wrong.

Neither.  Looks like a USP 9 except for the barrel/sights.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The 9SD is NOT and never has been a Tactical.  The Tactical, .40 and .45, have an extended, threaded, and o-ringed barrel, match tall sights, and match trigger.
The 9SD does NOT have an o-ringed barrel or the match trigger.  And the 9SD does not say "Tactical" on the slide, hell, it does not even say "SD."  It is just a standard USP with tall sights and a threaded barrel.  Big whoop.
I have one and it is my least favorite USP pistol.  What you held in your hand was a near look-a-like to the Tactical.  Go shoot a Tactical and really look at it closely and then do the same with the 9SD and you will see, they are not the same pistol by any stretch of the imagination.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
My bad, I did not see the little note at the bottom of the page. What does the SD stand for?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What does the SD stand for?

"Sexual Deviant"??????      
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top