Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/30/2003 2:12:15 PM EDT
i'm planning to shoot a league this summer and don't really want to kick around my hi caps. was going to buy some more 10 rounders but saw that the prices are about 30.00 ea delivered. (usp .40 full size.)

is it possible to get 10 round bodies from HK for much less cost and use them with my hi cap parts? i called a few dealers and they told me i had to deal with hk.

true?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
H&K REFUSES to deal with anyone other than dealers or distributors. You'll be an old old man before H&K sells you their parts.

Try H&KPro.com or similiar for your needs. Meg-Gar also makes mags for your gun.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks bob. i suspected as much. too bad the dealers i've tried in my area haven't been more useful.

and are you sure about the mags? none ever came up in my web search or on the mec gar pages.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
and are you sure about the mags? none ever came up in my web search or on the mec gar pages.

Well, no, I'm not betting the farm on that. It's just that Mec-Gar makes almost ALL mags for any gun, it's surprising they don't do H&K. Learn something every day.

Then try Gun List or Shotgun News for mag ads. I think CDNN sells a lot of H&K stuff.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Occasionally CDNN or KY Imports have had good deals on the ten rounders.  In fact, a couple years ago, I think it was CDNN had them for $17.99 each for a while.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:11:25 AM EDT
[#5]
im going to try to get an answer on the mag bodies from hk or a more reputable dealer today. best prices i've found for complete mags (10 round full size usp .40) are in the 25.00-30.00 range.

not sure i'm going to be able to do much better than that. i imagine even used mags would be close to 15-20 or else theres no point in selling them.

too bad i missed the 17.99 deal. don't think we'll see that again.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]
What is a league??  Thats what mags are for. even high caps unless they don't let you fully load them like for idpa.  The way I see it is that's what they are for.  If i didn't use mine for matches and stuff, i would never use them.  

I would keep an Eye out at the EE forum for ten rounders.  The best I have seen at the gun shows is 25 bucks.  most of the time they are around 40!!  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:31:05 AM EDT
[#7]
the league is regularly scheduled shoot that runs for a set amount of time. scores are kept and logged. not hard core competition, but definitely organized and used for skill improvement.

the courses of fire involve several stages with reloads after no more than six rounds. the mags drop free, can get kicked or stepped on and there is no advantage to me using the high caps.

25.00 is the best i am seeing, too. i've been watching numerous boards and checking the web for several weeks. not a whole lot of used stuff out there. i'll probably just order up some new ones in the next day or so and be done with it.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top