Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/29/2003 10:26:28 PM EDT
I'm not happy with the feel of the Glock 32 I just bought last gun show. I'm thinking of going to the USP Compact in .357Sig instead.

Has anyone had any experience with the Compact in .357Sig caliber? Can it be contrasted/compared to the Glock 32?

I already have a Compact in .45acp so the USP is very familiar to me.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Bob,

I have a USPc in 357sig it is a great platform the round.  The 357sig round is pretty stout out of most compact guns.  I find the grip on the compact a perfect size.  It is just big enough to get a good grip on and shoot comfortably with.  I shot the 32 about 6 months ago and had trouble controlling it compared to the compact.

I plab on getting a 40 barrel for mine so I can shoot both calibers out of it.

I traded a SigPro for the USPc and don't regret it one bit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Glock has supposedly beefed up the rails on their 31/32/33 models, did H&K do anything different to their .357 USP models?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an H&K USP Compact in 357 Sig, this weapon is a dandy, my favorite compact of the three others I own...40 S&W, 45 ACP, 9x19.

No need for H&K to add anything for it to operate at 357 Sig pressures.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an H&K USP Compact in 357 Sig, this weapon is a dandy, my favorite compact of the three others I own...40 S&W, 45 ACP, 9x19.

No need for H&K to add anything for it to operate at 357 Sig pressures.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My local gunshop has the .357Sig Compact for $750 or so. I saw a gun show price of $699.

Any thoughts on these prices?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:47:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Bought my 357sig off gunsamerica from a gunstore in CT.  It was 679 shipped.. then 25 bucks for transfer.  Different shop had one for 780 something.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I have put around 4,000 rounds through my .357sig USP Compact without a single malfunction.  It has never even HINTED at a jam or anything of the sort.  Of course, I give it a good cleaning after every range session.  I have one of those Hogue universal rubber grips on it, which feels great.  Definitely a quality firearm.  I have noticed that the accuracy of the gun decreases exponentially as the number of rounds fired increases, but by "decreases" I only mean a couple of inches off-sight.  I think this has something to do with the polygonal rifling, but I'm no expert on the subject.  I bought mine used (mint condition) for $550.  Best purchase I ever made.  And the .357sig round is awesome!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have noticed that the accuracy of the gun decreases exponentially as the number of rounds fired increases, but by "decreases" I only mean a couple of inches off-sight.  I think this has something to do with the polygonal rifling,

Based on my Glock 32, I'd say the change in accuracy is based on the shooter & not the gun. After 50rds of .357Sig, my hand shakes.

The rifling has nothing to do with the change in accuracy as the rifling never changes.

I'm hoping to find one used but I'm not holding my breath.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top