Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/9/2003 1:14:56 AM EDT
Hey guys, I have a usp 9mm, I bought it new last year and have a problem with fte's. So far It has done it 5 times, And the gun has about 4500 rounds thru it so far. This seems like way to many to me. Any ideas on what would cause it, or is it a normal thing with  semi auto handguns?
btw It has done it with 3 different types of ammo, all were fmj and brass, It did it twice with a cheap box of 100 9mm ammo I bought from walmart once, (remington I think)
Also had 2 fte's with Speer Lawman 115 gr. The last time was with something my brother had I dont remember the name.
Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
When you bought the HK, you paid for the life time warrenty. Call HK, they will fix it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have had no other problems with this pistol except an average of one FTE every 900rd., and are shooting cheapo stuff through it sometimes, I would not worry too much, especially since two of them were from the same 100rd. of Remington...if your memory is good. Eliminate that 100rd. (Remington's QC is very spotty with their yellow box stuff, some, at least, is made in Mexico) and you have three FTE's in 4400 rd...one in about every 1470rd. There is so much that can happen, from a bad round to a dirty chamber, to lack of lube at the end of a long shooting session, etc. etc. that "could" cause this, I do not really believe it is diagnosable in any realistic manner, nor do I believe it is any sort of a problem to be concerned about.

Go enjoy your gun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you mean failure to extract or to eject?

The H&Ks should handle all types of ammo, IMO, or at least mine do. I would perhaps try to find some common denomitators such as amount of lube, level of dirtyness of the gun, etc. etc.

Does it happen only when you're shooting it or when others do it as well?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
When I put fte I forgot it could mean two things :)
its a failure to eject the brass after it fires the round, it kinda gets wedged when the slide comes back and it does not allow the next round to chamber.
Pulling the slide back will pop the brass out and allow the next one to load np.
The lst two times it happened was with the cheam remington, I  quit using that (they were just range bullets anyway)
I figured that was because it was cheap stuff, so no big deal,

took the gun apart, cleaned and lubed it had another fte with the lawman, took it home cleaned and lubed and at the next time out it did it again, with lawman ammo.
Should I switch ammo types or something?
Any particular brand I should look for?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
You're using ok ammo, IMO. It sounds like the extractor isn't quite doing its job for whatever reason. This is probably easily fixed by an H&K armorer.

Have you had another person shoot this gun & have the same problem?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top