Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2001 7:54:51 PM EDT
This is my first post on the AR-15 or Handgun forums and I thought I'd make it a positive one. I've seen a lot of people come on the boards and bad mouth guns, ammo or accessories but you rarely see something nice said.

With that I'd like to talk about the USP I just got. About a week ago I purchased a brand new USP45 fullsized blued pistol. Before buying it I looked at other pistols. I wanted something lightweight and able to hold ten-rounds, and of course a .45. The Glock 21 didn't feel right (too big and the slide release was too tight). I didn't want the Glock 30 or 36 since I was looking for a fullsize pistol. Sig pistols felt too heavy and were only single stack. Which brings me to the H&K.

I've always like the look and feel of the H&K's. After handling a USP everything felt perfect in my hand. However it was a little hard to make myself put down $700 when Glocks and others cost $500 or less, $700 could buy me a Desert Eagle. In the end I decided to get a Glock 22 in .40. But Glock had just had a sale and there were no warehouses with any Glocks. So after 2 weeks of waiting for the Glock I ponied up the extra dough and got a USP45.

I took my new USP out to the range and loaded 10 PMC rounds into the magazine and fired away. I've fired a 1911 before and this felt a heck of a lot better than a 1911. It was smooth and the recoil felt sharper than a 9mm, but nothing like the recoil I felt in the 1911.

My only beef with the pistol was the checker pattern on the backstrap which made my hand a little sore at the end of the day. This was easily remedied by paying $8 for a Hogue Handall. I wish H&K included a magazine loader with the USP cause it gets a little tough to load that tenth round.

So in conclusion; the USP, eventhough a little pricey, is an outstanding pistol. It's acurate, smooth and fun. I would definitely recommend this gun. For people with smaller hands the USP Compact may be better for you since the USP is on the big size.

Hope you enjoyed my review and hope this helps anyone who's having trouble on deciding on a pistol.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a HK USP 40 S&W owner. I enjoy the gun and always have people ask about it at the range.

The magazines are a little stiff to load when you get them but they break in after period of use.

With the 40 SW 190 ammo. You will definitely notice the difference in your wrist at the end of the day.

I would not want to be on the receiving end.

Congrats and best of luck.

h.gif
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:32:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top