Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/7/2006 6:00:35 AM EDT
What are the differences between the HK USP9 and USP SD9 besides the Threaded BBL and adj sights?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#1]
That is about it. The SD does not have a match trigger like the USP Tactical. And I do not know if the SD has a O ring or not.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
how much would a used USP 9mm bbl go for?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm almost positive that the SD doesn't have an o -ring
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
you are correct mine does'nt have an o ring
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
You will find some sellers on GunsAmerica saying they have o-rings but they are flat out lying.  The 9SD does not have an o-ring nor does it have any match trigger parts even though on HK-USA's web page they use to say it does.  That was mistake and if it is still there saying that it is a mistake not yet corrected.
A used USP 9mm barrel IMO is worth no more than $75.  Since a used barrel has a serial number on it IMO it is worth less than a HK replacement barrel that will have no serial number.  Again, IMO a barrel with a mis-matched serial number looks a lot worse than one with no serial number at all.
Lastly, IMO it is better to hang on to a used USP barrel that has a serial number that will match your pistol than to sell it off.  Later on a buyer of the pistol will pay quite a bit more for the original barrel than if it only comes with an un-serial numbered barrel (replacement 9SD barrel) or an aftermarket barrel.  Most HK buyers want their parts to match.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]
i thought there was some kind of difference in the slide that makes it more suitable for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i thought there was some kind of difference in the slide that makes it more suitable for a suppressor.

Nope.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top