Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/31/2006 2:19:59 PM EDT
Took my HK USP 45 to range today.   Once I got used to the trigger....OW MA GAWD!  I did'nt know I could shoot that well.  

Keep in mind I bought this gun used, here is my problem.  After emptying a clip the slide does not lock open like it should.  I realize that the follower on the mag should move up, push the slide release up, and lock the slide open when the mag is empty.  Mine is not doing this.

I took the slide off, then put an empty mag and the slide release back in.  The follower wants to push the slide release up, but it really does'nt have much tension on it in doing so.  I can push the slide release down with an empty mag and it pretty much stays there.  Do I just need some new mags?  I cleaned my mag the other night, and it's reassembled correctly.  Although it seemed like the spring should have had some more tension in it.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I gotta totally agree with you with trigger. It took about 50rounds to get use to the HK USP trigger. When i got use to the trigger, the pistol was very impressive.

Thesedays, you can get a 10round magazines for just over $15s.  I would either get a spring or new mag for that slide not locking back after your last round.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
H&K has gotten a rep for weak mag springs. A quick visit to www.wolfgunsprings.com or maybe www.hk-pro.com should hook you up with some replacement springs, IMO.

The web sites may be off a bit, you may have to monkey around a bit with the spelling of them????

Good luck!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same problem.  Wolff springs worked for me.  Just make sure you have genuine HK mags.  If they're Promag, throw them away and buy new HK mags.
Wolff
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I always find peepz in the HK forum to be so friendly and willing to help.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Thesedays, you can get a 10round magazines for just over $15s

Where? Do show. I need 5 more of these USP45 10rd mags.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I Have  five  Factory HK 45 Magazines
$20.00 each
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea it sounds like bad mag springs.  I personally havent had a problem with any HK factory mags and i have about 4000 rounds through some of my mags.  Rather than pay the cost for WOLFF even though they have been recommended to me as well at times, try finding some new factory ten round mags.  Ive paid as little as 6.99 for new hk factory mags.  Either way im sure either will fix your problem.

www.dallastacticalsupplies.com/home.asp

www.calssportingarmory.com/
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top