Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/29/2006 12:34:30 PM EDT
picked my new USPc 45 up at my local shop yesterday. walked out their front door at 6pm, was at my local range  by 6:50. field stripped and cleaned, then oiled the gun - boresnaked the barrel with cleaner then oil. i loaded the mags on the way to the range so as soon as she was clean in went the first mag and we were off to the races at around 7:15.

they kicked me off the range at 8:30 when they closed.

round count: 275
16 rnds of golddot 200 +P
16 rnds of sxt +P

zero malfunctions of ANY kind.

i had to adjust my grip so that my thumb groove didnt get torn up - but either way it still felt fine and shot perfectly.

accuracy is on par with my p220r SS - which surprised me, having never owned an H&K and since the p220 weighs nearly twice as much as my USPc. in the picture, that was a tape X i put in the top corner to see how well i could do...

Dont have pics of the gun yet, she's all black, 4 mags total, variant 1.

I would strongly suggest this gun for anyone on the fence about it. GREAT gun!

will post up pics of the gun when i get a chance - im glad to be a member of the H&K club!!

edit: hahaha, disregard that flyer - i am allowed one
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
here it is right now - not very flattering a picture, but for some reason this picture makes me REALLY happy - i love new toys!

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations on your new Hk. Looks like you have the sight picture and trigger control figured out. If I read your post correctly you have the USP Compact 45. I picked up the same pistol this past weekend, but haven't had the chance to go to the range. I am anxious to see how well mine performs. Enjoy your Hk.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]

zero malfunctions of ANY kind

That is to be expected. When you have a gun that works, or brand that works very well compared to others, there's nothing to talk about. Shoot more.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
my new best friend :D

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear you like it. Although I'm not suprised.

I have that same phone!  The Treo!  Also that's a cool knife, any specifics?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
treo's are almost deadlier than the USP.  jack bauer's killed a few guys with one.  chuck norris ain't got sh*t on jack bauer.  

nice .45 there.  my 9c should be along next week sometime (hopefully!).  then i'll be able to start my own "new hk owner" thread.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
the knife is a Buck SBT. the SBT stands for Stryder Buck Tarani. Stryder being the mac daddy of production knife companies. Buck Knife being the cheap knife company. And Steve Tarani is the mac daddy of hand to hand combat and helped stryder design the knife. Stryder then took it to Buck Knife because they can put it on the market for a fraction of what stryder can.

cost about $150. not a camping knife, its a last ditch knife - everything else failed so you have defaulted to your blade kinda knife. i carry a really light benchmade when i am packin, just to keep the weight down.

if you havnt handled one you should, good defensive blade.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice pistol.  I want one of those for my CCW gun.  How does it conceal?  I heard they are kinda fat and hard to conceal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nice pistol.  I want one of those for my CCW gun.  How does it conceal?  I heard they are kinda fat and hard to conceal.

concealment is all realtive. Its no worse than my Glock 36 was. but its twice the size of my snubbie 38. Its not as small as a baby glock of sub compact XD but only weighs a couple ounces more.

for being a real gun it conceals just fine - disapears with my CTAC and im sure it will only be better with my VM 2 when it gets in.

you have to be careful about your clothes when you carry it - a tight t0shirt is gonna print like nothin else. So you have to be mindful of what you wear, but i(along with thousands of other guys) make the USPc invisible and comfy every day.

get one, you wont regret it
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I've won casual bulls-eye matches with my compact, they're that good!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#11]

get one, you wont regret it

saving money
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top